Table of Contents Hide
- Fix Packet Loss, Packet Burst, Network Lag in COD Vanguard
- Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering in COD Vanguard
- Fix Crash, Freeze, and other errors while opening COD Vanguard
Sledgehammer Games and Activision have released Call of Duty: Vanguard, a first-person shooter game set in 2021. This game features various similar gun battles with different new maps and themes.
Just like other Call of Duty titles you will have same concept of capture, team death match and more modes like this so that you can enjoy the game more along with the story line that this game offers.
In this guide we will fix Lag, Packet Loss, Packet Burst, Network Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering, Crash, Freeze, graphics and other errors in Call of Duty Vanguard.
Fix Packet Loss, Packet Burst, Network Lag in COD Vanguard
Set Streaming Budget
Setting the required streaming budget in the call of duty titles, you can decrease your packet loss and network lag and get better performance. This reduces your background network usage and helps improve the network strength.
- Open Battle net from your desktop.
- Launch the game and go to settings.
- Go to the graphics section and scroll down to On-demand Texture Streaming and click on it.
- Set it to off.
- This will make sure you do not have high network background usage.
- Following below steps mentioned on the guide will also help you reduce packet loss or burst.
Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering in COD Vanguard
Reduce Stuttering By decreasing CPU and GPU Temperature
High CPU and GPU temperatures cause stuttering and a decrease in frame rate. Maintaining your temperature under control will prevent fps drops and stuttering from affecting your gameplay performance.
The most effective way for PC users to minimise CPU and GPU temps is to repast. Simply get a cooler repaste from and open your CPU, then apply the paste to both the CPU and the GPU.
The temperature of a laptop computer can be controlled via undervolting and repasting. The method of undervolting a processor involves lowering the voltage at which it functions, and it’s similar to what PC users do.
Memory Reduct for cleaning the RAM
Memory Reduct is a free tool which you can use to clean up your memory and free up space used by background apps. This software helps kill background applications and makes your PC runs faster.
How to use Memory Reduct
- First, click on this link to download Memory Reduct.
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Press Next, then I agree and then Next and Install.
- Click on Next and then Finish.
- Press Windows key and search Mem Reduct and open it.
- Click on Clean Memory.
Windows Debloater for better performance
Debloater is a great way to deal with the unwanted services and settings in windows that you do not use and are affecting your game performance in terms of lag, stuttering, internet issue, packet loss and more.
You can check our article on how to do it by clicking on this link. Each step has been explained in detail and after the debloating you will see a faster and lag free windows with better gaming performance.
Turn Game Bar On
- In Windows 10, Press Windows key and search Game Mode Settings and hit enter.
- Turn the Game Mode ON.
- There on the left side you will find Xbox game bar. Turn it off.
- In Windows 11, Go to settings and on the left side click on gaming.
- Turn off Xbox Game Bar and Turn on Game Mode.
Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
- In Windows 10, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Enable the option called Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- In Windows 11, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Under Default Settings, click on change default graphics settings.
- Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- Below you will see a list of games you have on your system.
- Find New World and then click on options and set it to high performance.
- Note that it depends on your system whether it supports this feature or not.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- Press Windows Key and search cmd.
- Right Click on command prompt and run as administrator.
- Paste the given code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Now go to the control panel then hardware and sound and then click on power options.
- There you will see ultimate performance option, select it.
Fix Crash, Freeze, and other errors while opening COD Vanguard
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Open Steam and on the top left side click on steam and then on settings.
- Find the library option.
- Enable Low Bandwidth Mode and Low Performance Mode.
- Click on OK.
- Now go to the library and find God Of War PC.
- Right click on it and then manage and then browse local files.
- Right-click on the .exe file and click on properties.
- In the compatibility section, disable full-screen optimization.
- Click on change high dpi settings and enable override high dpi scaling.
- Press apply and then OK.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary Files take a lot of space and this leads to the slow-down of hard disk. If your hard disk slows down, it will result in more fps drop and stuttering. In order to delete the temp files, follow these steps :
- To launch the “Run” dialogue box, use the Windows Button + R.
- Enter the following text: % of the temperature
- “OK” should be selected.
- This will take you to your temporary folder.
- To select all, press Ctrl + A.
- To confirm, press “Delete” on your keyboard and then “Yes.”
- Skip through any files that aren’t being removed.
- Your temporary files have now been removed.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Press Enter after typing Windows Security.
- On the left action bar, select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click Manage settings after scrolling down to Virus & Threat Protection options.
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus, click the toggle button under Real-time protection.
- If prompted, select Yes to confirm the change.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays increases FPS
Sometimes third-party apps prevent games from running, resulting in crashing when you open the game. So, uninstalling or disabling these apps will help in the crash fix of the game that you have been facing.
Disable or uninstall apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro or more apps like that which run above the game. In order to uninstall them, go to control panel and then uninstall them. For disabling them go to task manager, find the task then right click and end task.
Disable Nvidia GeForce experience overlay by pressing Windows key and then searching GeForce. Go to settings. In general section you will find in game overlay. Disable it by pressing on the green drag icon. If it is already white or gray, then leave it.
This step is crucial when it comes to the performance of your windows. When you update your windows to the latest one, there will be various bug fixes, and you will see improved windows performance.
In order to update your windows, follow these steps one by one:
- Press the Windows key and search for settings.
- In case of Windows 10 you will find Windows update option in Update and Security section.
- In Windows 11 when you open settings, Windows Update option is there.
- Simply click on check for updates and download the updates.
- Once the updates are downloaded, install the updates.
- Once again, click on check for updates and if it shows your windows is up-to-date, then you have successfully updated your windows.
Getting your graphic drivers up to date is an important aspect which helps in boosting FPS and reduce game stutter. In order to update the drivers for your graphic card, follow all the steps one by one.
- For Nvidia users, press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box.
- For AMD users, press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software in the search box.
- In both programs, go to the driver section.
- Select Check for Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- If a driver is available, you should download and install it.
When you update your graphic card, you may see improved performance in your game and reduce stutter that you have been facing.