Discord Developer Tools refers to the Discord Console that allows the users to inspect elements and do a bunch of other things as they pleased. In one of the recent updates that Discord pushed, they made it so the users are unable to access the Discord Console now. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+I does absolutely nothing on discord as opposed to before when it launched the console for you.
Luckily, there is still a way around this and the console can easily be re-activated using the following easy guide.
Enable Discord Developer Tools
Even though enabling the discord developer tools isn’t as easy as pressing three buttons anymore, it’s still fairly easy. Follow these easy steps to do the same:
- First of all, this is not a necessary step but it’s recommended to close the discord application before you start with the process.
- Once this is done, press ‘Win+R’ on your keyboard. A small window will appear in the bottom left corner of your screen. In the given text box, type ‘%appdata%’ and press Run.
- This will take you to the app data in your PC. Find and open Discord from here and scroll down until you find a file called ‘settings.json’
- Open settings.json in any text editor. You will see a bunch of code lines. Here, add a comma after the bracket ‘}’ in the second last line. Once this is done, press enter and copy+paste the following line:
- Once this is done, the file should look something like the screenshot before. If it does, save the file and close it.
- if you didn’t close discord at the start, then restart it now. Once you’ve restarted/opened your discord, try pressing ‘Ctrl+Shift+I’ and surprise! The discord console will be back for all of you out there who want it.
That will be all for enabling the discord developer tools. Hope this article was helpful.
Also, Read: The Best Discord Quotes Bot For Daily Motivational Quotes.
Leave a comment