The original Dying Light had many easter eggs hidden for the players to explore with the Excalibur being the highlight, due to this the players were expecting something as iconic in the sequel and they were not disappointed! Dying Light 2 features the easily recognizable hoverboard from the Back to The Future movie franchise.
Here’s our guide on how to find it. This may be a difficult task so you need to keep the below points mentioned to get the Back to the Future hoverboard Easter egg easily. But remember this requires grind.
Notes to keep in mind..
These are some things you should keep in mind before you decide to go out looking for the hoverboard.
- Complete the story first – It is highy recommended and almost mandatory to complete the main quests first as a high amount of stamina is required to successfully get the easter egg which you may not have early in the game
- Do the attempt in Daytime – The nights in Dying Light 2 are no joke and you should probably avoid going out there at night as the infected are much aggressive at night and may start a chase.
- Go prepared – You may face problems if you do not have the right equipment so be sure you have everything you need before you go for the easter egg.
How and where to find the Hoverboard
Here’s a step-by-step guide that you can follow to get the Back to the Future easter egg for yourself.
- Go to the Church of Saint Thomas located on the Saint Paul island
- Locate the Bell tower present nearby. Below the bell will be an electrical outlet to which you will have to connect a extension cord. Make your way down to connect the cord and then come back up so you can connect it below the bell. This will bring back the power and you will be able to progress to the top of the tower.
- At the top you will find a room with a radio in it, go in the room and interact with the radio. A conversation on the radio will play and after that the first peice of the hoverboard will magically appear next to the crate.
- You will see a trail of footprints using your Survivor Sense, you need to follow them. If you follow the footprints you will end up near the bridge in the Muddy Grounds part of the map.
- Go towards the southwest part of the Muddy Grounds and you should see a blue car located there.
- Interact with the blue car, the second peice required to use the hoverboard is located in the trunk of the car.
Now you can do the parkour challenge where you use the hoverboard. Keep in mind that the hoverboard cannot be used in the open world and this is the only location you can use the hoverboard. The hoverboard is not a fully fleshed mechanic in the game just a fun little easter egg that you can now access easily.
Leave a comment