Table of Contents Hide
Game filters are a new technology that allows games to apply post-processing effects in real-time. Low-spec gamers, which make up most of the gaming population, will ignore this feature, thinking it would lower their frames. However, when used in moderation, this feature can provide better aesthetics with minimal impact on your GPU.
This guide is a detailed description of the difference between Nvidia/AMD Game filters and how you can use them to make your experience playing Elden Ring better. Elden Ring is an action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware. The game was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki and made in collaboration with fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin, who provided material for the game’s setting.
How to use Nvidia Game filter Elden Ring:
- Download Nvidia Control Panel from Microsoft Store
- Open Nvidia Control Panel, navigate to the left tab
- Go to the Adjust desktop colour settings section under the Display.
- Under Apply colour enhancements, start applying different colour schemes.
- Now open the game in the background and start editing the values in the command centre and see which values suit best to your need.
- Note that this does not provide as many features that Nvidia GeForce provided.
- After setting the values, click on apply.
How to use AMD Game filter Elden Ring:
- Download Radeon Overlay
- Navigate to display settings as shown below:
Select the ‘Color’ Tab. Radeon Overlay makes quick colour adjustments. They are applied globally and take effect immediately.
The following settings can be changed (taken from the AMD website):
- Color Temperature: Adjusts the ‘coolness’ or ‘warmth’ of the display. This is measured in K (Kelvin) and values can range from 4000 for a cooler (emphasis on blues and greens) to 10,000 for a warmer (emphasis on reds and yellows) image.
- Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the image. Values can range from -100 for a darker image to +100 for a brighter image.
- Hue: Adjusts the hue of the image. Values can range from -30 to +30.
- Contrast: Adjusts the contrast of the image. Values can range from 0 to 200.
- Saturation: Adjusts the saturation of the image. Values can range from 0 to 200.
Optimal Game filter settings Elden ring:
If this helped you, check out our guide on how to use game filters with Valorant.