Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the latest addition to the Call of Duty Franchise. A series sequel to Call of Duty Vanguard and a direct sequel for the 2019 hit, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, COD: MW2 was released on 28th October 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and for PC via Battle.Net, and Steam.
This game has a new Gunsmith, Perks System, Footsteps and Slides Update, Gun-Handling, and an Advanced Enemy AI. It also features a game mode with a Third-Person-Perspective called “Third Person Moshpit”.
It also features “Showcase”, a menu where you can choose an unlocked operator, which would appear beside your name in Multiplayer lobbies. You can customize your operator by using weapons and calling cards.
How To Fix the “Showcase Not Working” Issue
Given below are the various steps you must follow to fix this issue. Make sure to follow each and every step, if the previous one doesn’t fix the issue. This fix has worked for many people, so don’t panic!
1. Check Minimum Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 10 64 Bit (latest update)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-6100 / Core™ i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 125 GB available space
2. Restart Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and PC
Try restarting the game. If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart your PC and try to see if the issue gets resolved or not. If not, follow the steps below.
3. Try Turning ON/OFF On-Demand Texture Streaming
This option lets players stream high-resolution textures in the game. It may cause some issues, so players should try turning it off and retrying the Showcase issue.
4. Re-Install Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
You should Reinstall the game, or verify it from steam. You can also try Verifying or re-installing from the Battle.net Launcher
- Right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Steam.
- Click on Properties
- Go to local files and click on “Verify integrity of game files”
- This process will verify the files you installed and repair them
- You can uninstall and reinstall the game for a clean installation
5. Try Changing Your DNS Address
- Go to the Control Panel
- Go to ‘Network and Internet’ and then to ‘Network and Sharing Center’
- Click on the connected network on the right side. It would be near ‘Connections:’
- Click on Properties and then on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click on Properties and select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses:’
- Now type 8888 and 8844 into the blanks from top-down. Or you can copy the same manner in the image provided above
These were the steps for fixing the “Showcase Not Working” Issue in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated with topics related to gaming, tech, and more.