Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the sequel to the critically-acclaimed reboot of the original series, Modern Warfare, released in 2019. Being released on 28th October 2022, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and for PC via Battle.Net, and Steam.
As the game has been fully released, a surge of players has hit the game, with most of the gamers playing multiplayer. Since reaching the shelves, Modern Warfare 2 has hit over 240K concurrent players on the steam charts. In this huge player base, errors and connection losses are exponentially more likely to occur.
One such network error code is “TRAVIS – RILEA”. This code is said to have occurred primarily for Steam users. Here is the full message, “Timed out while signing into online platform [Reason: TRAVIS -RILEA].”
In this article, we will discuss the steps for fixing the TRAVIS – RILEA Network Error and would ensure that no stone is left unturned. For more content regarding game guides, visit our Guides Tab.
“TRAVIS – RILEA” Network Error Code Fix
As this code is arising from a network issue, there wouldn’t be any fixes related to the GPU, CPU, or RAM in this guide. Follow the steps below for a clean fix.
- Check MW2 Server Status – This ensures that the game is either a server problem or a client problem. You can check the status from the link provided here.
- Check Social Media – For any scheduled updates or news, make sure to follow the Social Media pages of Infinity Ward and the official game.
- Close Steam and Restart the Game – This fix has proven to be a useful one for a number of players. Just restart the Steam App and try to play the game again.
- Restart your PC and Modem – Now that the problem is proven to be client sided, do a clean restart of your PC and re-plug the Modem cables for a network retry.
- Verify Integrity or Reinstall the Game – This fix is the last resort. If there is no way you can get into the game, maybe an installation error may have occurred.
- Contact Players or Authorities – You can join Subreddits and Trello pages to explain your issue, and even get Activision Support involved if required. You bought the game! Don’t shy away from getting it fixed.
These were the steps toward fixing the TRAVIS – RILEA error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on PC via Steam. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated with topics related to gaming, tech, and more.