Released on 28th October 2022, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is the 19th Installment in the Call of Duty Franchise, being the sequel to the critically-acclaimed reboot of the original series, “Modern Warfare”, in 2019. It will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and for PC via Battle.Net, and Steam.
The game features a new Gunsmith, Perks System, Footsteps and Slides Update, Gun-Handling, and an Advanced Enemy AI. As with every other newly-released game, bugs and errors are filled in it. Sometimes it is the game’s fault, sometimes it’s yours.
In this article, we will discuss the fix for the error phrase “33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate & Will Be Reacquired“. For more content regarding error fixes and game guides, visit our Guides and Error Fixes Tab.
“33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate & Will Be Reacquired” Error Fix
This error occurs due to the NVIDIA drivers (version 526.47) having an issue with them. Given below is the list of steps toward fixing this error. Make sure to follow each and every step.
1. Check Minimum Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 10 64 Bit (latest update)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-6100 / Core™ i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 125 GB available space
2. Roll Back Drivers For Nvidia
- Search ‘Device Manager’ in the Windows Search Bar
- Click on Display Adapters and double-click on the GPU
- Select the Driver tab and click on ‘Roll Back Driver’
- Re-run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
3. Re-install Nvidia GPU Drivers
- Go to the official Website for Nvidia Drivers
- Enter your GPU details and click on ‘Start Search’
- Download the file and Run it
- Click on ‘Clean Install’ and follow the on-screen instructions
- Re-run the game to check for the error
4. Allow the Game for Windows Defender and Firewall
- Windows settings => Privacy & Security => Windows Security => Virus & threat protection => Manage ransomware protection => Allow an app through Controlled folder access => Add an allowed app => Browse all apps => select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 => Open
- Control Panel > System and Security => Windows Defender Firewall => Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall => Change settings => Allow another app… => Browse… => select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 => Add
5. Re-Install the Game
You should Reinstall the game, or verify it from steam. You can also try Verifying or re-installing from the Battle.net Launcher
- Right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Steam.
- Click on Properties
- Go to local files and click on “Verify integrity of game files”
- This process will verify the files you installed and repair them
- You can uninstall and reinstall the game for a clean installation
This was the error fix for the “33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate & Will Be Reacquired” error message. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated with topics related to gaming, tech, and more.