Table of Contents Hide
Every Far Cry games comes with great optimization, as its high and intense movement and gunfights require stabilization and smooth gameplay. Even with the optimization, every GPU can not run the game on max or recommended settings.
In this guide we will talk about how you can further optimize the game according to your need to get better fps and have a lag free gameplay. There might be some things in the game you have to let go in order to achieve the required result.
The final result and settings may vary when the game launches fully, and new optimizations will be added so that you can get better fps and enjoy the world of Far Cry 6 and its epic story line.
Recommended Graphic Settings
Try these recommended settings that will help you determine how much can your GPU handle. If you get more than enough frames, then try increasing the settings one by one. This way with good fps you will have better visual graphics.
|Texture Filtering||Medium to Low|
|Geometry And Vegetation||Medium|
|FidelityFX Super Resolution||High to Ultra|
|Field Of View Scaling||80|
|Adaptive Resolution||Your screen resolution. Lower Resolution more fps|
Updating the drivers
Getting your graphic drivers up to date is an important aspect which helps in boosting FPS and reduce game stutter. In order to update the drivers for your graphic card, follow all the steps one by one.
- For Nvidia users, press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box.
- For AMD users, press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software in the search box.
- In both programs, go to the driver section.
- Select Check for Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- If a driver is available, you should download and install it.
When you update your graphic card, you may see improved performance in your game and reduce stutter that you have been facing.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary Files take a lot of space and this leads to the slow-down of hard disk. If your hard disk slows down, it will result in more fps drop and stuttering. In order to delete the temp files, follow these steps :
- To launch the “Run” dialogue box, use the Windows Button + R.
- Enter the following text: % of the temperature
- “OK” should be selected.
- This will take you to your temporary folder.
- To select all, press Ctrl + A.
- To confirm, press “Delete” on your keyboard and then “Yes.”
- Skip through any files that aren’t being removed.
- Your temporary files have now been removed.
Reduce CPU and GPU Temperature
Stuttering and a reduction in frame rate are caused by high CPU and GPU temperatures. So, in order to avoid fps drops and stuttering, maintain your temperature under control so that they don’t affect your gameplay performance.
For PC users, repasting is the most effective approach to lower CPU and GPU temperatures. Simply acquire a cooler repaste from and open your CPU, then apply the paste to both the CPU and the GPU, however this may take some practise.
Users of laptop computers can manage the temperature by undervolting and repasting. Undervolting a processor entails lowering the voltage at which it operates, and the process is similar to that of PC users.