The wait is over! All-new Madden NFL is here. It’s Madden NFL 23, the 34th entrant, the latest entrant into the crowd favorite Madden NFL series. For those who aren’t familiar with the game, Madden NFL 23 is an American football game, aka Rugby. It is based on the NFL, one of the biggest sports leagues in the whole wide world. Madden NFL 23, as always with every new installment, the game only gets better and bigger.
Speaking of what’s new, the franchise mode will now feature new additions, additional trade factors, new defensive animations, new mid-air collisions, tackle assists animations, improved stadium details, etc. They have also implemented something called FieldSENSEtm, This is how EA describes it, “The all-new FieldSENSE Gameplay System in Madden NFL 23 equips players with more control at every position in every mode and is a new foundation for consistent, ultra-realistic gameplay.”
On the cover, it features the late John Madden, former head coach, and broadcaster, It was he, whom the game was named after. Honoring his death, which happened in the December of 2021, He has been chosen as the cover star for this installment. Madden NFL 23 is developed by EA Tiburon, Published by EA Sports. The game will be available on Windows(PC), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Being a new game, the errors, bugs, glitches, crashes, and performance issues, are inevitable, no matter how long they’ve been making the game, this though, they’ve been making this game for a long time now, but with different numbers, if you know what I mean. This article will help you fix some of the known errors, bugs, glitches, crashes, and performance issues of Madden NFL 23.
To prevent these kinds of problems, we strongly recommend you keep your system up to date. This means having the latest available drivers for your graphic card. Manufacturers optimize your specific GPU for the latest games and push out the drivers regularly, that’s why they’re so important. Here are the official links from where you can download the latest drivers, Nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx, AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support, Intel https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/download-center/home.html. Also, have the latest available DirectX version for your system, you can find them here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35. It is also recommended to have the latest version of windows installed to avoid such problems.
Fix 1 Madden NFL Not Starting:
This often happens when the game is not installed properly. To fix this issue:
- Try Closing and Re-opening the game. You can also try restarting your PC.
- Make sure the download has been finished completely before trying to start the game.
- Verify whether the game has been installed perfectly. Sometimes missing game files can cause the game not to open. To verify this, Repair the game from the launcher you’ve bought the game from(like Steam, Epic, etc).
- Check whether there’s enough space on the drive or disk on which you’re trying to install the game.
- If none of the above fixes worked for you, try re-installing the game completely as a last resort.
Fix 2 NFL Madden 23 crashing to desktop:
This issue might occur when your PC doesn’t have enough resources to run the game. Make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements asked by the game. You can also try reducing the visual fidelity of the game, like decreasing the resolution, lowering the anti-aliasing factor, lowering shadow detail, etc. Also check if the game needs an update, if there’s any pending update, do it and try playing the game then.
Fix 3 Madden NFL 23 Low FPS, Stutter, Frame Drops & more:
Solving performance issues can be quite lengthy, So I’ll just quickly mention some easy ways to make the game run better.
- Install the latest drivers available for your specific graphics card. I have given the links above.
- End tasks and unnecessary programs running in the background. You can do so from the Windows Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
- Lower the anti-aliasing in-game. If it doesn’t help much and you are desperate to play the game, turn it off completely, it might look choppy, but you can at least play the game. Also lower the other settings which might not bother you much by doing so, like shadows, crowd quality, lighting, etc.
- You try using an up-scaling technology like Nvidia DLSS or AMD FSR if the game supports it as well as your GPU.
Fix 4 Madden NFL 23 Black Screen issue:
Black screen issue can occur when your GPU can’t handle the game. Sometimes might also happen due to the CPU not being able to handle the game. So it is important to meet the minimum requirements of the game. It might also be a simple glitch, try restarting the game. There is a chance that this issue might be happening due to overheating of GPU/CPU or any other components. Verify this possibility and keep the temperatures in check.
Fix 5 Can’t install Madden NFL 23:
This error might happen when there’s not enough space left to install the rest of the game files in the drive you are trying to install. Either make more room or install the game on a different drive or disk. It is also recommended to have at least 2GB of free space left on the drive(in most cases it’s the C drive) because that’s where the game creates temporary files that are required to install or run the game. Might also occur due to a bad internet connection. Verify this possibility and troubleshoot the issue.
Fix 6 Madden NFL 23 Save files corrupt/not working:
The fix for this issue is the same as the above one, the one that is right above this one. The save files usually are kept in the documents folder of your PC, which is located in the C drive. Make sure you have enough space left there.
Fix 7 Madden NFL 23 Controls not working:
If in-game controls are not working or not working as they are supposed to, you can try re-assigning the keys to your preference. If all the control mapping is already somehow messed up, you can try setting them back to default.
Try using a different input device, if you are using a keyboard and mouse try connecting a controller and vice versa. Sometimes connecting simultaneous input devices can also cause this issue, so try disconnecting all the other input devices and only connect the specific controller you need to play the game.
Also, some games support only a few specific controllers like native Xbox controllers, DualShock 4, DualShock 5, Steam Controller, etc. So only use the controllers supported by the game.
Fix 8 Madden NFL 23 audio issues:
If you are facing audio lag, no sound, audio distortion, etc issues here are some steps you can try to fix it:
- Check whether Game Audio is turned off by default. You can check it by heading into the game’s settings menu. Turn it on and set the volume as you please if it is turned off.
- Try running the game as an administrator. You can do it by right-clicking the game icon and selecting “run as administrator”.
- Try connecting a different audio output source. Like, try using earphones, different speakers, or Bluetooth audio devices.
- If you’re using an external sound card, you can try updating them to the latest available driver version.
Fix 9 MUT server issue:
Some players have reported the issue of not being able to access MUT. This issue has already been acknowledged by the game’s developer team, so they’ll soon patch this issue up. So, make sure you update the game. In the meantime you can try:
- Verify if the game’s servers are active. The issue might be on your side actually. Sometimes the game’s servers go down, so check their status before trying any other fixes on your own.
- Verify if your internet connection is working fine. It is important to have a good stable internet connection. We recommend having a wired connection.
- Playing other online game modes like H2H, and SuperStar KO before trying MUT mode. This might fix the issue.
- Set your DNS to 22.214.171.124 for Primary and 126.96.36.199 for Secondary.
These are some possible fixes for the frequent errors, glitches, bugs, and performance issues you might find in Madden NFL 23. I hope we have helped you fix the issues you were facing. If we weren’t able to help you fix the issues, we suggest you please head to Madden NFL 23’s official support page, here’s the link https://help.ea.com/in/madden/madden-nfl-23/.
If you have any other issues regarding any other game, PC software related, or any issues at all, please feel free to let us know via our Facebook or Twitter pages. If you have any other feedback, you also reach us at the above-mentioned platforms. We would love to interact with our readers!
Leave a comment