Table of Contents Hide
- Common Windows Setting
- Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Windows Debloater
- Memory Reduct: Memory Cleaner
- Malware Bytes And CCleaner Optimization
- Reduce CPU and GPU Temperature
- Delete Temporary Files
- Disable Antivirus
- Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays
- Updating Windows
- Update Drivers
In this guide, we will tell you how you can fix God Of War PC lag, fps boost/increase, stuttering, freeze, stuck, crash, graphics settings, black screen, low-end pc boost, and more by following this step mentioned.
David Jaffe of Sony’s Santa Monica Studio invented the God of War action-adventure game franchise. Sony has promised to release more PlayStation exclusive titles in the future, which will end the console vs pc war for exclusive games.
This game includes new features such as 4K resolution, HD Textures, and improved FPS support. It will also support the widescreen resolution and Sony PS4 and PS5 dual shock controllers.
Common Windows Setting
There are some common settings that every user should use. These are the inbuilt services provided by windows that will help to boost your game performance and fix issues like lag and stuttering.
Turn Game Bar On
- In Windows 10, Press Windows key and search Game Mode Settings and hit enter.
- Turn the Game Mode ON.
- There on the left side you will find Xbox game bar. Turn it off.
- In Windows 11, Go to settings and on the left side click on gaming.
- Turn off Xbox Game Bar and Turn on Game Mode.
Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
- In Windows 10, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Enable the option called Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- In Windows 11, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Under Default Settings, click on change default graphics settings.
- Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- Below you will see a list of games you have on your system.
- Find the game and then click on options and set it to high performance.
- Note that it depends on your system whether it supports this feature or not.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- Press Windows Key and search cmd.
- Right Click on command prompt and run as administrator.
- Paste the given code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Now go to the control panel then hardware and sound and then click on power options.
- There you will see ultimate performance option, select it.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Open Steam and on the top left side click on steam and then on settings.
- Find the library option.
- Enable Low Bandwidth Mode and Low Performance Mode.
- Click on OK.
- Now go to the library and find God Of War PC.
- Right click on it and then manage and then browse local files.
- Right-click on the .exe file and click on properties.
- In the compatibility section, disable full-screen optimization.
- Click on change high dpi settings and enable override high dpi scaling.
- Press apply and then OK.
Debloater is a great way to deal with the unwanted services and settings in windows that you do not use and are affecting your game performance in terms of lag, stuttering, internet issue, packet loss, and more.
You can check our article on how to do it by clicking on this link. Each step has been explained in detail and after the debloating, you will see faster and lag-free windows with better gaming performance.
Memory Reduct: Memory Cleaner
Memory Reduct is a free tool that you can use to clean up your memory and free up space used by background apps. This software helps kill background applications and makes your PC runs faster.
How to use Memory Reduct
- First, click on this link to download Memory Reduct.
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Press Next, then I agree and then Next and Install.
- Click on Next and then Finish.
- Press Windows key and search Mem Reduct and open it.
- Click on Clean Memory.
Malware Bytes And CCleaner Optimization
Malwarebytes is free-to-use antivirus software that will help you remove any type of virus from your system from its root. Many viruses slow down your system and take up your CPU usage, which results in lag and stuttering.
How to use antivirus
- First Download and install Malwarebytes from their official site.
- After that select full system scan.
- Let the process complete and remove or quarentine all the infected files.
Remove adware using malwarebytes
- Open Malwarebytes now select adware remover.
- After that simply let it complete the process.
- Now remove all the adwares in your system.
Reduce CPU and GPU Temperature
Stuttering and a reduction in frame rate are caused by high CPU and GPU temperatures. So, in order to avoid fps drops and stuttering, maintain your temperature under control so that they don’t affect your gameplay performance.
For PC users, repasting is the most effective approach to lower CPU and GPU temperatures. Simply acquire a cooler repaste from and open your CPU, then apply the paste to both the CPU and the GPU, however, this may take some practice.
Users of laptop computers can manage the temperature by undervolting and repasting. Undervolting a processor entails lowering the voltage at which it operates, and the process is similar to that of PC users.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary Files take a lot of space and this leads to the slow-down of the hard disk. If your hard disk slows down, it will result in more fps drop and stuttering. In order to delete the temp files, follow these steps :
- To launch the “Run” dialogue box, use the Windows Button + R.
- Enter the following text: % of the temperature
- “OK” should be selected.
- This will take you to your temporary folder.
- To select all, press Ctrl + A.
- To confirm, press “Delete” on your keyboard and then “Yes.”
- Skip through any files that aren’t being removed.
- Your temporary files have now been removed.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Press Enter after typing Windows Security.
- On the left action bar, select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click Manage settings after scrolling down to Virus & Threat Protection options.
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus, click the toggle button under Real-time protection.
- If prompted, select Yes to confirm the change.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays
Sometimes third-party apps prevent games from running, resulting in crashing when you open the game. So, uninstalling or disabling these apps will help in the crash fix of the game that you have been facing.
Disable or uninstall apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro, or more apps like that which run above the game. In order to uninstall them, go to the control panel and then uninstall them. For disabling them go to task manager, find the task then right-click and end task.
Disable Nvidia GeForce experience overlay by pressing the Windows key and then searching GeForce. Go to settings. In the general section, you will find an in-game overlay. Disable it by pressing on the green drag icon. If it is already white or gray, then leave it.
This step is crucial when it comes to the performance of your windows. When you update your windows to the latest one, there will be various bug fixes, and you will see improved windows performance.
In order to update your windows, follow these steps one by one:
- Press the Windows key and search for settings.
- In case of Windows 10 you will find Windows update option in Update and Security section.
- In Windows 11 when you open settings, Windows Update option is there.
- Simply click on check for updates and download the updates.
- Once the updates are downloaded, install the updates.
- Once again, click on check for updates and if it shows your windows is up-to-date, then you have successfully updated your windows.
Getting your graphic drivers up to date is an important aspect that helps in boosting FPS and reducing game stutter. In order to update the drivers for your graphic card, follow all the steps one by one.
- For Nvidia users, press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box.
- For AMD users, press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software in the search box.
- In both programs, go to the driver section.
- Select Check for Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- If a driver is available, you should download and install it.
When you update your graphic card, you may see improved performance in your game and reduce the stutter that you have been facing.