The Grand Theft Auto Trilogy The GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, and GTA 3 Definitive Edition is remastered, or should we say remake, of Rockstar’s original top three games, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, and GTA 3. The visuals and plot are upgraded in this compilation edition, which is close to the originals.
In this guide we will discuss how you can fix all errors of the game that include crashing, network, rockstar launcher, social club, freeze, not opening, stuck and more errors like this, so you can enjoy the game to the fullest.
Must Read: GTA Trilogy Lag Fix on Low-End PC, FPS, Stuttering & More
GTA Trilogy Rockstar Games Launcher Offline Mode, Not Working, Update Error Fix
- Go to settings and uninstall and reinstall the launcher.
- Make sure your firewall is not blocking the launcher
- Delete the temporary files from the system.
- Go to task manager and then go to details.
- Find Rockstar launcher and set it to max priority.
Must Read: Top 8 Mods for GTA Trilogy – Definitive Edition (Remastered)
GTA Trilogy Social Club Not Working, Update Error, Offline Fix, Fatal Error
- Make sure time zone and date is set correct.
- Go to settings and uninstall and reinstall the launcher.
- Go to your in game folder and delete the Social Club Folder and let the game redownload it.
- Right click on it and go to properties, then click on compatibility.
- Click on disable full-screen optimization and choose windows compatible.
- Disable antivirus and firewall and flush DNS.
Unable to Launch your game/ Verify your game data Error Fix GTA Trilogy
Verifying your game files for any broken files is very important, Sometimes antivirus tends to remove or modify game files. To verify game files rockstar social club needs to connect to the internet and host files and firewall block certain connections.
- Launch Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Head down to Settings
- Select “GTA Trilogy“.
- And the click Verify Integrity of game files.
How to reset your Host files to default
- Press Windows key and search This PC.
- Go to local disk C or the drive where windows is installed.
- Search for %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc.
- Download the Host file we linked (this file is deafult host file and will reset any modifications to your host file.)
- Replace the file with your file.
- Restart your PC.
GTA Trilogy has stopped working/ Not Opening/ Infinite Loading Screen Fix
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays
When you try to play a game, third-party applications might occasionally interfere with its functionality, resulting in the game crashing or not even opening in certain situations. As a consequence, deleting or deactivating these programs might be quite beneficial to you.
All the apps listed at the top of the article should be removed or frozen. The game does not support certain overlay applications. Removing these programs can assist you in quickly resolving the problem.
Admin, Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Right-click on the launcher and click on properties.
- Go to the compatibility section and click on run this game on administrator.
- Remove modded game files.
- Go to the library and find GTA Trilogy, or Directly go to the installation directory of the game.
- Right click on it and then manage and then browse local files.
- Right-click on the .exe file and select Properties from the context menu.
- Now check disable full-screen optimization.
- Change the high-dpi settings by selecting override high-dpi scaling from the drop-down menu.
- Press apply and then OK.
GTA Trilogy DLL Files Missing Error Fix
- Install the latest Microsoft Visual Studio available.
- Download DLL files that are required for game and paste it inside game installed folder.
- Paste DLL files MSVCP120 and MSVCR110.dll and more files inside system 32 of Windows folder.
- Disable Antivirus as it may be blocking or removing DLL files.
GTA Trilogy has stopped working/ Crash Fix
If your game keeps crashing, the most likely cause is that the software you’re using isn’t compatible with GTA Trilogy. Microsoft has offered a few software programs that you must delete to cure GTA Trilogy crashing on your PC. The following is a list of some of them, like:
Trend Micro Maximum Security, Comodo Antivirus, Sophos, Emisoft Anti-Malware, Avira, Avast, Bitdefender Firewall
These are some of the antivirus software that is causing the game to crash constantly. Antiviruses like Avast and Avira scan your PC files always to prevent your system from getting infected, So GTA Trilogy is crashing constantly during those scan periods. These apps are:
Logitech G Hub, MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server, EVGA Precision, OBS, Xsplit, Discord, MacType, Warsaw Banking App, Wallpaper Engine, A-Volute Sound studio, Nahimic Audio, Sonic Audio.
I will also suggest you remove, quit or disable the software listed above if your game is constantly crashing on your PC.
Additional Instructions Fix Crashes on PC
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update your GPU Drivers.
- Make sure GTA Trilogy Files are not corrupted because of your antivirus. You can fix this issue by simply repairing the files via steam or redownloading the game.
- Check your Date and Time.
- Install All in one Visual C++ Libraries.
GTA Trilogy Freeze / Stuck / Black Screen Error Fix
Don’t worry if you suffer from the game freezing, stuck, and black screen problems in GTA Trilogy. It’s straightforward to fix. This happens in nearly all games due to some of your windows settings’ improper or corrupted game files. Follow the steps given below.
- Disable your antivirus or add the GTA Trilogy exe in Whitelist.
- Please unplug any Mixed Reality headsets and external USB devices that you are not currently using before launching the game.
- Install All in One Visual C++ Libraries.
- Uninstall and reinstall your GPU Drivers.
- Laptop Users might see these issues constantly because of their mobile GPU. You can watch an article on lag fix or Simply Clean your PC using CCleaner and Remove unnecessary applications.
- Steam Users: Verify the game files.
- Clean boot, close all overclocking and background applications, and disable Steam overlays.
- Enable Full-screen, turn off Vsync Lower and the Graphics settings.
GTA Trilogy Server Connection Error or Server Issues Fix
Server Connection Issues with a multiplayer game like GTA Trilogy are pervasive, and You can fix these issues by following some simple steps posted in this article. Just make sure you have done and followed all the steps in a specific order.
Steps to Fix GTA Trilogy Online Not Working
- Uninstall your Antivirus.
- Restart your PC and try again.
- Restart your Router.
- Run GTA Trilogy as admin.
- Make sure your ISP isn’t blocking any connections.
- Enable all the incoming and outgoing connection for GTA Trilogy in Windows Firewall.
- Make sure rockstar server are not down.
You can also watch the video given above for a better understanding of how to fix the errors in GTA Trilogy Remastered.
Leave a comment