Age of Empire 4 Failed to Initialize Error Fix, and In this Guide, I will tell you how to fix the Age of empire IV error called Initialization failed. This error has also occurred in the previous titles of Age of Empires.
Age of Empires IV is a real-time strategy game created by Relic Entertainment and published by Xbox Game Studios in collaboration with World’s Edge. This is the newest version of Age of Empires at the moment.
This error is widespread and happens nearly to everyone because of the corrupted game files and other game problems. Don’t worry. We have some steps that you need to follow to fix this error permanently.
How to fix Age of Empires 4 initialization failed/ Microsoft Game Runtime Error
There are several ways to fix this error in the Age of Empires IV. I will suggest you follow all the steps given below correctly so that you can get rid of this error forever after completing all of the steps given in this article. You will fix the error mentioned below.
- Age of Empires 4 initialization failed Direct3D Error
- Age of Empires 4 initialization failed Steam Error
- Age of Empires 4 not starting or launching
- Age of Empires 4 Microsoft Game Runtime Error
Method 1: Verify Integrity of game files in Steam
Initialization errors can happen because of the corrupted files of the game. This can occur because of your antivirus, or you might have unknowingly modified or deleted Age of empire files.
To fix this error, we have to verify the file integrity on steam for Age of empires 4. What this will do is it going to replace or download back all the corrupted files on Age of Empires IV, which will solve the error quickly.
- Launch Steam.
- Select Age of Empires IV and right click on it.
- Select Properties then go to local files.
- After that click verify integrity of game files.
- Now wait for the process to complete and enjoy the game.
Method 2: Update your Direct X version to latest
If the method above doesn’t fix your error, then download and update the latest version of Direct X. This will help you fix the issue related to other video games.
- Visit the official site of direct x.
- Now download the installer from teh website.
- Let it download and update your current direct X version.
- Restart your PC.
Method 3: Enable DirectPlay in Windows
The DirectPlay API is a part of the DirectX API from Microsoft. However, it can be used for other things as well. It’s a computer game networking library. It is disabled by default in Windows 10 and Windows 11. Enabling this feature can also help fix the error.
- Search in Windows “Turn windows features on or off” and open the application that popsup first.
- Now all you have to do is find the List named “Legacy components” Simply enable the DirectPlay Module and you are good to go.
- Save teh settings, Restart your PC, Start Playing Age of Empires again.