Age of Empires IV is a real-time strategy video game developed by Relic Entertainment and published by Xbox Game Studios in collaboration with World’s Edge. It’s the fourth game in the Age of Empires franchise.
In this guide we will fix various Age of Empires IV issues like Lag, Low FPS, Stuttering, Multiplayer FPS Fix and this will boost performance and increase fps, and you will be able to play the game properly.
Stuttering Fix and Reduce Lag
Every user should make use of a few standard settings. These are the built-in Windows services that will help you improve your game performance and resolve issues like latency and stuttering.
Turn Game Bar On
- In Windows 10, press the Windows key and type “Game Mode Settings” into the search box.
- Activate the Game Mode.
- The Xbox game bar is located on the left side of the screen. It should be turned off.
- Go to Settings in Windows 11 and select Gaming from the left-hand menu.
- Switch between Game Mode and Xbox Game Bar.
Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
- Press the Windows key and type Graphics Settings in Windows 10.
- Enable the Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling option.
- Press the Windows key and type Graphics Settings in Windows 11.
- Change the default graphics settings under Default Settings.
- Enable GPU Scheduling with Hardware Acceleration.
- A list of the games you have on your system may be found below.
- Find New World, then go to Options and select High Performance from the drop-down menu.
- It is important to note that whether your system supports this feature is dependent on your system.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- Press the Windows key and type cmd into the search box.
- Run as administrator by right-clicking on the command prompt.
- Paste the given code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- After that, navigate to the control panel, then hardware and sound, and finally power choices.
- Select the ultimate performance option from the drop-down menu.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Open Steam and click on steam in the top left corner, then settings.
- Locate the choice for the library.
- Low Bandwidth Mode and Low Performance Mode should be enabled.
- Click the OK button.
- Go to the library and look for God Of War for PC.
- Right-click it, then select Manage and Browse Local Files from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click the.exe file and select properties from the context menu.
- Disable full-screen optimization in the compatibility area.
- Enable override high dpi scaling by clicking on modify high dpi settings.
- Apply and then OK are the buttons to press.
Increase Performance Windows Debloater
Debloater is an excellent solution to deal with the unwanted services and settings in Windows that you don’t use and are causing lag, stuttering, internet issues, packet loss, and other issues in your game.
You can check our article on how to do it by clicking on this link. Each step has been thoroughly described, and after debloating, you will notice quicker, lag-free windows with improved gaming performance.
Malware Bytes And CCleaner Optimization
Malwarebytes is a free antivirus programme that can help you completely eradicate any virus from your computer. Many infections slow down your computer and use your CPU, causing lag and stuttering.
How to use antivirus
- First Download and install Malwarebytes from their official site.
- After that select full system scan.
- Let the process complete and remove or quarentine all the infected files.
Remove adware using malwarebytes
- Open Malwarebytes now select adware remover.
- After that, just sit back and wait for it to finish.
- Remove any adware from your computer now.
Increase FPS Guide
Follow this guide to improve FPS and reduce lag, which will improve your gameplay experience:
Reduce Ram Usage with Memory Reduct
Memory Reduct is a free programme for cleaning out your memory and freeing up space taken up by background apps. This programme assists in the termination of background applications, allowing your PC to run more quickly.
How to use Memory Reduct
- First, click on this link to download Memory Reduct.
- Double-click the downloaded file to open it.
- Next, I agree, Next, and Install are the buttons to press.
- After that, click Next, and then Finish.
- Open Mem Reduct by using the Windows key and searching for it.
- Select Clean Memory from the menu.
Delete Temporary Files For Faster Processing
Temporary files consume a lot of disc space, causing the hard disc to slow down. If your hard disc slows down, you’ll notice a dip in frame rate and stuttering. Follow these methods to erase the temporary files:
- Use the Windows Button + R to open the “Run” dialogue box.
- Type the following into the box: The percentage of the temperature that is “OK” should be chosen.
- You’ll be taken to your temporary folder as a result of this.
- Ctrl + A will select everything.
- To confirm, press “Delete” and then “Yes” on your keyboard.
- Any files that aren’t being purged should be skipped over.
- All of your temporary files have been deleted.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays
Third-party apps can sometimes block games from operating, resulting in the game crashing when you launch it. Uninstalling or disabling these apps will assist with the game crash fix that you have been experiencing.
Apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro, and others that run above the game should be disabled or uninstalled. To uninstall them, go to the control panel and select uninstall. To disable them, go to Task Manager, locate the task, right-click it, and select End Task.
By tapping the Windows key and then searching for GeForce, you can disable the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. Go to the settings menu. You may locate an in-game overlay under the general area. By pressing the green drag icon, you can disable it. Leave it alone if it’s already white or gray.
Get Your GPU Drivers Updated
Updating your graphics drivers is a crucial step in increasing FPS and reducing stuttering in games. To update the drivers for your graphics card, go through each step one at a time.
- Press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box if you’re an Nvidia user.
- Press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software into the search box if you’re an AMD user.
- Go to the driver area in both programmes.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Check for Drivers.
- You should download and install a driver if one is available.
When you upgrade your graphics card, you may notice an improvement in gaming performance as well as a reduction in stuttering.
Leave a comment