Table of Contents Hide
If you are facing an issue called a “bad gateway error” in Escape from Tarkov, then don’t worry. We have an easy fix for you that can help you get rid of the error permanently, So I will suggest you follow all the steps given below carefully.
EFT Players face this error a lot while launching the game, which is a frustrating experience for everyone. Since there is no proper fix available for this, we decided to step in to fix this error once and for all.
How to Fix Bad Gateway Error in EFT Permanently
There are several steps you need to perform in order to fix this issue, But don’t you worry. We will elaborate on each and every step for you so that it will become easy for you to follow along with the article.
Since the developers have not provided any official fix for this issue, We are using some methods that are known to work in most of the scenarios, and we were able to get rid of the issue, So without wasting any more time, let’s get started.
Basic Necessities to Perform First
- Download and Install All in one Visual C++ Libraries.
- Update your DirectX to latest version.
- Update your GPU Drivers.
- Uninstall Antivirus or Add the EFT as exclusion/whitelist.
Check Your Internet Connection
This may not be the reason for the issue, but sometimes there are some errors with your internet connection unknown to you, So I suggest you do the following steps to fix the Bad Gateway error.
- Restart your Router.
- Check if windows firewall is blocking any connections from the game.
- Check if your antivirus is not blocking any incoming and outgoing connections.
Verify Files Integrity
This will fix any issues related to the game. If there is any file that is corrupted, it will be fixed or redownloaded from the servers.
- First, launch Steam and look for EFT in the library.
- “Right-click” on EFT and then select “Properties.”
- Select Local Files and then Verify File Integrity.
- A dialogue window will appear, and the files will be verified.
Restart Your PC
Restarting a PC can fix most of the issues related to the game because sometimes restart can close or clean any process that is causing any issues with the game itself. Once you have followed all the steps given above, I suggest restarting your system and fixing the error Bad Gateway.
That’s it. I hope this article helped you get rid of the issue you were facing while playing EFT. Thanks for reading the article. Subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates on gaming and tech.