The all-new game from the Call of Duty franchise is here and it’s Modern Warfare II. It’s not the old modern warfare 2 we’ve had but this is the sequel to the rebooted Modern Warfare game which came out in 2019, so basically it seems that the Modern Warfare series has been rebooted altogether. Who needs an introduction to a call of duty game, come on. But anyways Call of Duty Modern Warfare II is a first-person shooter(FPS), it’s got high-octane action just as every other Call of Duty game has. Call of Duty series has been being received well these days, although Vanguard was a flop, others like Modern Warfare, Cold War, and Warzone have tasted a fair bit of success.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare II features new gunplay, enhanced AI and a single-player campaign. Along with a single-player campaign, it will also be featuring a multiplayer campaign and a story-driven special ops mode. Get all hyped up because task force 141 is back, the cherished characters such as Soap, Ghost and Cpt Price are back.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare II has been developed by infinity ward and the same is published by Activision. This is the nineteenth addition to the glorious Call of Duty franchise, no it’s not a big number, fans like us will be asking for more and they’ll be giving us more and more. The game is available on Xbox Series X and Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows(PC). The game will be available to purchase from Steam and Battle.net on PC.
Being a new launch, just as it happens with every other game, Call of Duty Modern Warfare II is also bound to have several errors, glitches, performance issues, crashes, etc, moreover, this game is still in its beta phase. But you don’t have to worry, we’re here for you, we’ll tell you exactly how to eliminate each and every problem you might be facing with Call of Duty Modern Warfare II.
But just before we begin, to prevent these kinds of problems, we strongly recommend you keep your system up to date. This means having the latest available drivers for your graphic card. Manufacturers optimize your specific GPU for the latest games and push out the drivers regularly, that’s why they’re so important.
To prevent these kinds of problems, we strongly recommend you keep your system up to date. This means having the latest available drivers for your graphic card. Manufacturers optimize your specific GPU for the latest games and push out the drivers regularly, that’s why they’re so important. Here are the official links from where you can download the latest drivers, Nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx, AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support, Intel https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/download-center/home.html. Also, have the latest available DirectX version for your system, you can find them here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35. It is also recommended to have the latest version of windows installed to avoid such problems.
It is also important to have at least the minimum hardware and software requirements asked by the game, otherwise, you will most certainly face a few issues. Here are the requirements of Call of Duty Modern Warfare II:
Minimum system requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM: 8GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470, VRAM: 3GB
DX: DirectX 12
OS: Windows 10 – 64 Bit (latest update)
Sound: DirectX Compatible
Network: Broadband network connection
Recommended system requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
RAM: 16GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580, VRAM: 3GB
DX: DirectX 12
OS: Windows 10 – 64 Bit (latest update)
Sound: DirectX Compatible
NETWORK: Broadband network connection
Fix 1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare II not starting:
This often happens when the game is not installed properly. To fix this issue:
- Try Closing and Re-opening the game. You can also try restarting your PC.
- Make sure the download has been finished completely before trying to start the game.
- Verify whether the game has been installed perfectly. Sometimes missing game files can cause the game not to open. To verify this, Repair the game from the launcher you’ve bought the game from(like Steam, Epic, etc).
- Check whether there’s enough space on the drive or disk on which you’re trying to install the game.
- If none of the above fixes worked for you, try re-installing the game completely as a last resort.
Fix 2 Call of Duty Modern Warfare II crashing to desktop:
This issue might occur when your PC doesn’t have enough resources to run the game. Make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements asked by the game. You can also try reducing the visual fidelity of the game, like decreasing the resolution, lowering the anti-aliasing factor, lowering shadow detail, etc. Also check if the game needs an update, if there’s any pending update, do it and try playing the game then.
Fix 3 Call of Duty Modern Warfare II low FPS, stutter, frame drops & more:
Solving performance issues can be quite lengthy, So I’ll just quickly mention some easy ways to make the game run better.
- Install the latest drivers available for your specific graphics card. I have given the links above.
- End tasks and unnecessary programs running in the background. You can do so from the Windows Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
- Lower the anti-aliasing in-game. If it doesn’t help much and you are desperate to play the game, turn it off completely, it might look choppy, but you can at least play the game. Also lower the other settings which might not bother you much by doing so, like shadows, crowd quality, lighting, etc.
- You try using an up-scaling technology like Nvidia DLSS or AMD FSR if the game supports it as well as your GPU.
Fix 4 Can’t install Call of Duty Modern Warfare II:
This error might happen when there’s not enough space left to install the rest of the game files in the drive you are trying to install. Either make more room or install the game on a different drive or disk. It is also recommended to have at least 2GB of free space left on the drive (in most cases it’s the C drive) because that’s where the game creates temporary files that are required to install or run the game. Might also occur due to a bad internet connection. Verify this possibility and troubleshoot the issue.
Fix 5 Call of Duty Modern Warfare II Connection Failed:
Whenever you try to access multiplayer mode, this error might show up. A few possible things to check out are:
- Check whether you are having an active internet connection and make sure it is stable.
- It is recommended to have a wired internet connection if possible. This will improve your internet speed and will avoid such problems to occur.
- Sometimes the issue might not actually be with your internet or perhaps your PC, it might just be a problem with the game’s server. So what you can do is check their status actually. You can do so by heading to their official server status webpage, here’s the direct link https://support.activision.com/onlineservices.
- You can also try restarting your game and maybe restarting your PC if required.
- Also, check if there are any updates pending to be installed regarding the game.
Fix 6 Call of Duty Modern Warfare II audio issues:
If you are facing audio lag, no sound, audio distortion, etc issues here are some steps you can try to fix it:
- Check whether Game Audio is turned off by default. You can check it by heading into the game’s settings menu. Turn it on and set the volume as you please if it is turned off.
- Try running the game as an administrator. You can do it by right-clicking the game icon and selecting “run as administrator”.
- Try connecting a different audio output source. Like, try using earphones, different speakers, or Bluetooth audio devices.
- If you’re using an external sound card, you can try updating them to the latest available driver version.
These are some possible fixes for the frequent errors, glitches, bugs, and performance issues you might find in Call of Duty Modern Warfare II. I hope we have helped you fix the issues you were facing. If we weren’t able to help you fix the issues, we suggest you please contact Call of Duty Modern Warfare II’s official support, here’s the direct link https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii.
If you have any other issues regarding any other game, PC software related, or any issues at all, please feel free to let us know via our Facebook or Twitter pages. If you have any other feedback, you also reach us at the above-mentioned platforms. We would love to interact with our readers! Happy gaming!
Leave a comment