Table of Contents Hide
- Century Age of Ashes Requirements
- Century Age of Ashes Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering
- Fix Crash, Freeze, Stuck and More in Century Age of Ashes
If the Century Age of Ashes is lagging on your PC or you are suffering from low fps and stuttering, then don’t worry. We have a simple guide that can help you get more FPS in the Century Age of Ashes.
Century: Age of Ashes is a 2021 free-to-play dragon combat video game created and published by Playwing Bordeaux. The game is available on nearly all platforms (Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One S/X, Xbox Series S/X) in 2022.
This guide will teach you how to solve latency, boost performance, decrease stuttering, game freezing, and other performance issues in the Century Age of Ashes. If you follow all of the methods given below, you will reach the maximum performance possible.
Century Age of Ashes Requirements
Please ensure that you have at least the minimum requirements or anything close to the requirements mentioned below before proceeding with the article.
Minimum system requirements for Century Age of Ashes are:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.6Ghz or AMD FX-8350
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 760 or AMD RX 560
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
Recommended system requirements for Century Age of Ashes are:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2.8Ghz or AMD Ryzen 5 3.2Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD RX 580
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB
Century Age of Ashes Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering
The main reason frame rate decreases, lag, and stuttering will occur if your windows and computer are not correctly optimized. If you have a low-end GPU, then don’t worry. This guide will help you utilize the maximum system performance to boost FPS in the Century Age of Ashes.
Debloating Your Windows (Remove Bad Applications)
Debloating your Windows 10 and 11 is the best thing to get more FPS in video games, as windows come pre-installed with many unwanted applications. These applications are running in the background taking system resources which in turn lags your video games.
All you have to do is download Windows 10 and 11 Debloater from the link provided and then follow the steps in the post. In this manner, you may free up a lot of space, which will improve your FPS.
Enable Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling
When playing video games that demand extensive GPU utilization, it is better to turn on this option because it will help you get the maximum performance possible for your video games.
- In Windows search, type “Graphics Settings” and choose the first option that appears.
- Make sure the “Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling” option is enabled.
- You will now see a list of all the games that are installed on your PC.
- Locate and choose “Century Age of Ashes” from the drop-down menu, then set the performance to high.
- Done, Now make sure you restart your system.
Turn off the startup and background applications
More than 80% of PC users do not close their background programs when playing video games. I’ll show you the easiest way to accomplish it, saving your time. This can help you to enhance your performance in the Century Age of Ashes.
Disable Startup Applications in Windows 11 and Windows 10
- In Windows Search, type Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Startup tab once you’ve started Task Manager.
- Now Choose which programms you don’t want to run when Windows boots up.
- Set them to disable.
- If you want to close a specific applications then simply right click and click “end task” and you are good to go.
Enable Ultimate Performance Power Plan
This will increase the amount of power utilized by your system. The more power you provide your system, the higher the performance you’ll receive when playing the game; hence, using this function might assist you in gaining more frames per second in video games.
- Run CMD as admin.
- In your command prompt, type “powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61“.
- Go to Power Plan Settings and choose Ultimate Performance.
Use Razor Game Booster for More FPS
Game Booster is a helpful tool for increasing FPS. The game booster’s essential operation automatically closes all unnecessary apps that you must close manually while playing games.
Razer Cortex: Game Booster is one of the market’s most well-known and long-running game boosters. It is available for free and is given by Razer, one of the world’s leading gaming businesses.
This game booster is relatively easy to use. When you first start playing the game, activate the Razor game booster. The Razor game enhancer will automatically shut any unnecessary apps to produce more RAM and resources, resulting in higher FPS.
Fix Crash, Freeze, Stuck and More in Century Age of Ashes
The procedures below can be used to fix the freezing, lagging, and crashing issues in the Century Age of Ashes. These problems are caused by improper Windows settings and the installation of unwanted apps.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary files take up a lot of disc space. These temp files are also stored in system memory, allowing them to execute quicker when they are opened. As a result, we will delete these files to gain more FPS and prioritize Century Age of Ashes.
- Search %temp% in Windows search.
- You will notice a folder popup. Permanently delete the folder files.
- If the file is not being deleted, move on to the next one.
- Restart your computer; your temporary files have now been permanently deleted.
Update Windows to latest version
Updating Windows will help you fix multiple flaws and issues currently present in the current version of your Windows; hence it is critical to update windows whenever an update is available. This will also protect you from hackers. Updating your windows will improve your gaming FPS.
- Enter “Windows Update” in the search box.
- Click the Search for Update button.
- You will now see an option to update your windows.
- Download the most recent update.
- Allow Windows to finish installing the update on your PC.
- Make sure remove the previous version of windows installation (important)
Update Graphics Card Drivers
Upgrade your GPU drivers to the most recent version. This allows your games to run more smoothly. GPU manufacturers give software updates for their graphics processing units. That can solve a lot of problems, including fps drops in most video games. So, anytime an update is available, download and install it.
- Search “GeForce Experience” and press Enter. If you don’t have the programme, you may get it from Nvidia’s official website. The same is true for AMD GPUs.
- In both GPU Applications, go to the Drivers tab.
- Now, click the Check for Updates button.
- If new updates are available, click Download and Install.
- Restart your computer.
Disable All Overlays
Overlays cause crashing and stuttering in games. Third-party apps can interfere with the game’s functioning properly, causing it to crash when initially opened. Disable the Steam and Discord overlay settings.
You may also choose to turn off the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. This can help you increase your FPS and decrease stuttering and FPS drops in video games. Make sure that software like MSI Afterburner and others are not operating in the background.
Disable or Completely Remove your Antivirus
When operating in the background, antivirus software such as Avast, Kaspersky, and Macafee can demand a lot of resources. It is advisable to disable or uninstall them entirely to improve game performance. You may choose Windows Defender as your default antivirus because it is more effective than most others.
- Navigate to Apps > Antivirus.
- Now, select Uninstall Antivirus.
- Wait for the procedure to finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Enjoy 15-20 extra FPS in your video games.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Look for the .exe file in the Century Age of Ashes in installation directory.
- Right-click the .exe file and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Now, as seen in the image above, choose “disable full-screen optimization.“
- Select “override high-dpi scaling” after clicking “Change the high-dpi settings.“
- Now, click Apply, and you’re all set.