Many players who are presently playing Diablo Immortal have complained that the game will not start or will crash during the startup and loading screens. The game is unplayable as a result of these issues.
We’ll go through some of the most effective solutions to fix Dialbo Immortal game crashes, not starting, not loading, and other difficulties in this tutorial. Make careful to complete each step and determine which one works best for you.
Use Battle.net Repair Tool & Update
Please check for game updates before using the repair tool because updating the game can often address these difficulties.
- Launch the Battle.net desktop application.
- Select the icon for the game you want to fix.
- Select Check for Updates from the cogwheel next to the Play button.
If the problem remains despite the fact that your game is up to date, try the following repair tool:
- Select Scan and Repair from the cogwheel next to the Play button.
- Start scanning by clicking the Start Scan button.
- Wait for the repair to be completed.
Disable your antivirus software
When operating in the background, antivirus software such as Avast, Kaspersky, and Macafee can demand a lot of resources. It’s recommended to disable or eliminate them for greater efficiency. You may wish to use Windows Defender as your default antivirus because it is more effective than most others.
- Go to the Start menu in Windows.
- Press Enter after typing Windows Security.
- From the left action bar, choose Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click Manage settings after scrolling down to the Virus & Threat Protection options.
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus, toggle the toggle button under Real-time protection.
- If asked, select Yes to confirm the change.
Disabling Third-party programmes and overlays
Third-party programmes can occasionally prevent games from working properly, resulting in the game crashing when you try to play it. These programmes can be uninstalled or disabled to help with the game crash issue you’ve been having.
Apps that run above the game, such as MSI afterburner, runtactics pro, and others, should be deactivated or deleted. To uninstall them, go to the control panel and choose uninstall from the drop-down menu. Go to Process Manager, find the task, right-click it, and select End Task to disable it.
You may disable the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay by using the Windows key and searching for GeForce. Change the settings as necessary. Under-game overlay may be seen in the general section. To turn it off, press the green drag icon.
In Task Manager, set the game priority to high
If the game crashes frequently, raise the priority of the Diablo Immortal main exe file to High, which instructs Windows to give the game more priority and use more RAM and CPU.
As a result, the game will function smoothly without crashing. Follow the procedures to make the game’s high priority –
- In the Start menu, type Task Manager.
- Find the Diablo Immortal game task in the Processes tab.
- Select Set Priority from the context menu, then High.
- Now you may play the game without it crashing.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Look for the.exe file in the Game installation directory, by Locating it.
- When you right-click the.exe file, select Properties from the context menu.
- As indicated in the image above, select “Disable full-screen optimization.”
- Select “override high-dpi scaling” after selecting “Change the high-dpi settings.”
- To finish the procedure, click Apply.
Update Windows & Drivers
This step is important when it comes to the functioning of your windows. When you upgrade your Windows to the latest version, you’ll get a lot of bug fixes and better performance.
To update your windows, follow the procedures below one by one:
- Using the Windows key, look for settings.
- Windows Update may be found under Windows 10’s Update and Security section.
- On Windows 11, you’ll see a Windows Update option in Settings.
- Simply click on Check for Upgrades to obtain the necessary updates.
- After the updates have been obtained, install them.
- If it indicates your windows are up to current after you click Check for Updates again, you’ve updated them successfully.