In this article, we will help you fix Dying Light 2 lags on the low end or standard pc, By following the guide you can eliminate stuttering, boost fps, and overcome other difficulties that you may have when playing the game on your computer/laptop.
Techland is developing and publishing Dying Light 2 Stay Human, a forthcoming action role-playing game. The game, a sequel to 2015’s Dying Light, will be published on February 4, 2022 for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering in Icarus
If your windows and computer are not properly optimised, you will experience frame rate drops, lag, and Stuttering. If you are participating in this in every game you play. Then don’t worry. This guide will help you fix all the issues and help you boost game performance.
Debloating Your Windows (Auto Remove Unnecessary Apps)
Windows 10 and 11 come pre-installed with a lot of unwanted applications. Those apps are always running in the background, which leads to a decrease in-game performance and causes packet loss in online games.
All you have to do is download Windows 10, and 11 Debloater from the Link mentioned and follow the instructions mentioned in the article. This way, you can free up and lot of space which in turn will boost your FPS.
- Get Windows 11 Debloater Github from link above.
- Then, simply extract all of the files to your desktop.
- Simply run Powershell as administrator and enter the following command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Force
- Now, navigate to your extracted directory by typing cd Desktop or wherever your files are stored.
- Enter the name of the script you want to run, Windows10DebloaterGUI.ps1, and press enter.
Turn On Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling
It will use your graphics card when performing tasks that require heavy GPU usage, reducing latency and improving performance in the process.
- Search “Graphics Settings” in Windows serach and select the first thing that pops up.
- Make sure you check the “Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling” option.
- Now you will se a list of all the games installed on your system.
- Locate “Icarus“, then select it from the drop-down menu and set the performance to high.
- Please keep in mind that whether or not your system supports this feature is dependent on your system.
Stop all the startup and background applications
While playing video games, more than 80% of people do not stop their startup or background apps. I’ll tell you how to do it in an instant without wasting your time. This can help you improve Performance in Icarus quickly.
Disable Startup Applications in Windows 11 and Windows 10
- Enter Task Manager into Windows Search.
- After you’ve opened Task Manager, navigate to the Startup tab.
- Now Choose which apps you want to prevent from booting up during Windows startup.
- To stop the apps from running in the background.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan for Windows
This will increase the amount of power consumed by your system. The more power you give your system, the better the performance you’ll get while playing the game; thus, enabling this feature can help you get more FPS in video games.
- By pressing the Windows key and searching for Cmd, you can find it.
- By selecting it from the right-click menu, you can run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the code in your CMD: “powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61“
- Now go to Power Plan Settings and select maximum performance.
Use Razor Game Booster for More FPS
Game Booster is a helpful tool for increasing FPS. The game booster’s essential operation automatically closes all unnecessary apps that you must close manually while playing games.
Razer Cortex: Game Booster is one of the most well-known and long-running game boosters on the market. It is free to use and is provided by Razer, one of the largest gaming companies.
This game booster is extremely simple to use. When you start playing the game, add Icarus to the Razor game booster. The Razor game booster will automatically close all the extra applications to generate more ram and resources, giving you more FPS.
Icarus Fix Crash, Freeze, Stuck and More (Remastered)
The steps below can be used to resolve the following issues in Icarus freezing, lagging, and crashing issues. These issues arise as a result of incorrect Windows settings and the installation of unwanted applications.
Delete Temp Files
Temporary files consume a lot of hard disc space. These temp files also run in system memory to run faster the next time they are opened. So we will remove the temp files to gain more FPS and give more priority to Icarus.
- Search %temp% and hit ok.
- You will see a folder popup, Delete the folder files permanently.
- Continue to the next file if it is not being deleted skip to the files.
- Restart your PC, Now your Temp files are permanently removed.
Update your Windows to latest version
Updating Windows can help you fix many bugs and issues that are currently there in the current version of your windows, So it is essential to update windows whenever there is an update. This will also keep you safe from hackers. Updating windows will boost FPS in Games.
- Search “Windows Update” and press enter.
- Click Search for Update.
- Now you will see a option to update your OS.
- Download the latest update.
- Wait for Windows to Install the update in your system.
- Remove the old version of Windows using disk cleanup (important)
Update GPU Drivers to latest
Update your GPU drivers to the latest version. This helps you to keep your games running smoother. GPU manufacturers provide updates for their graphics processing software. That can fix a lot of issues, and fps drops with most of the video games. So whenever there is an update, download and install it.
- Search “GeForce Experience” in your windows and click enter. If you dont have the application you can download it from the official website of Nvidia, Same goes for the AMD Gpu’s.
- Navigate to the Drivers section in both GPU Applications.
- Now click check for updates.
- Click Download and Install the new updates if available.
- Restart your PC.
Disable Third-party Overlays
Crashing and Stuttering in games happen because of Overlays in games. Third-party programs can interfere with the operation of games, resulting in the game crashing when it is first launched. Remove or disable overlay settings of Rockstar launcher, Steam, Discord.
You can also disable the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. This will help you boost FPS and reduce all the stutter and FPS drop in video games. Make sure apps like MSI Afterburner, and similar applications are not running in the background.
Disable or Completely Uninstall your Antivirus
Antivirus software like Avast, Kaspersky and Macafee can consume many resources when running in the background. It is best to disable them or altogether remove them for better performance. You can use Windows Defender as default for your protection because it is better than most antiviruses out there.
- Go to Apps > Select the Antivirus.
- Now Click Uninstall the Antivirus.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your system.
- Enjoy 15-20 more FPS in your video games.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Go to the installtion directory of Icarus and look for the .exe file
- Right-click on the.exe file and select Properties from the menu.
- Now select “disable full-screen optimization” as show in image above.
- Click “Change the high-dpi settings” and select “override high-dpi scaling“.
- Now Click Apply and then your are good to go.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. I hope I was able to assist you with all of your concerns. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on the latest gaming and technology news. I wish you all a pleasant day.