This guide will fix controller/gamepad Not Found/ Connected/ Detected errors for XBOX, Playstation and all other controllers in Elden Ring easily just by following the steps mentioned one by one.
Elden Ring, the brainchild of Hidetaka Miyazaki and George RR Martin has just been released. Contrary to popular belief this is not just a Dark Soul clone set in an open world. The reviews for the highly anticipated Elden Ring are out and it seems like Elden Ring is one of the few games that lives up to the hype.
Controller Bug Configuration Elden Ring
Configuration of the controller is an important step to check if your controller is working fine and does not have an issue. Follow the steps to verify your configuration and check its working status.
- Press Windows key and search Control Panel and open it.
- Look to Hardware and Sound and click on it.
- Now click Device and Printers present at the first heading.
- Here you will see different external devices attached to your computer.
- Find your controller and right click and then its settings.
- Verify the buttons and controls whether it’s working fine or not.
- If this works fine, we can move on to the next steps.
Elden Ring Not Found/ Not Connected/ Not Detected Elden Ring
After performing the above steps, you can verify if the controller is properly connected by following the required steps:
- Press Windows key and type Device Manager and hit enter.
- You will see different hardware modules connected to your system that includes ports, graphics card, monitor and more.
- Here you have to look for your Controllers/joystick under three categories.
- First check Sound, video and game controllers.
- Second, check under keyboards and then under Human Interface Devices.
- Right-click on these and click on scan for hardware changes.
- Do for all and find your controller.
- Once you have your controller located, right click on it and then disable and then enable it.
- Go to its properties and check it’s working condition.
Steps to Fix Elden Ring controller disconnected
- Make sure your controller isnt broken, Check on other games, if its fine continue with the other steps.
- Update Steam Client or Reinstall.
- Open steam then on top left corner click on steam and then settings.
- Click on controller and then in general controller setting click on xbox configuration support.
- Your controller will be displayed below.
- Force Off Input settings in steam big picture mode.
- Find your game in the library and then right click properties -> controller -> disable steam input/enable steam input.
- Update your windows to latest version.