Elden Ring is just a few days away. You may experience delays and performance difficulties when playing the game. By following the methods, you will be able to eliminate stuttering, boost frame rates, and resolve any other difficulties that may arise when playing the game on your computer or laptop.
Elden Ring is an action RPG video game published by Bandai Namco Entertainment and developed by FromSoftware. The game is created with a partnership with Geroge R. R. Martin the famous writer of Game of Thrones, who contributed material for the game’s setting.
If Elden Ring is lagging on your PC, or if you’re having poor frame rates and stuttering, don’t panic. We’ve compiled a list of quick ways to help you gain more FPS. So that you can play the game without any issues.
Elden Ring Minimum Requirements
Before continuing with the article, please validate that you have at least the minimum system requirements or something equivalent to the requirements mentioned below.
Minimum system requirements for the game are:
- Operating System: Windows 10.
- Memory: 12 GB RAM.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 3 3300X.
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 3 GB or AMD Radeon RX 580, 4 GB.
- DirectX: DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12.0)
- Storage: 55 GB.
Elden Ring Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering
If your windows and machine aren’t up to date, you’ll experience frame rate reductions, lag, and stuttering. If your windows and computer are not correctly optimised, you will see frame rate drops, lag, and stuttering. This post will assist you in resolving all of your issues and improving your gaming performance.
Disable Startup Applications
Most gamers do not close their launch or background programmes when playing video games. I’ll teach you how to get rid of those bothersome background programmes, which will allow you to boost your gaming performance immediately.
Many programmes are set to start automatically when the computer is turned on; these apps not only slow down Windows’ starting time but also consume resources in the background. You should deactivate these apps if you want to get the most out of your RAM, CPU, and GPU power.
Disable HPET for more FPS and Low Latency
HPET is one of the tasks that can increase lags and stuttering in the video game, I will suggest you disable this because it can help you gain more FPS in Elden ring and remove all the stuttering and stuck problems.
To disable the HPET follow the steps given below:
- First Search “Device Manager” in Windows.
- After that click “Device manager” and scroll down to the “system devices”.
- Now here you will find “High precision even timer” simply right-click and disable this option.
Install Timer Resolution
Timer Resolution is a very important application that you can use to reduce the latency or decrease the lags in the Elden ring. You can simply download the software from the link given and start using it, It’s very easy to use all you have to do is set it to 0.5 if it’s not 0.5 then you have to run the commands given below.
- bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
- bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
- bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
After running all of these commands one by one, You simply have to restart your system, Now you can see 0.5 in your Timer Resolution application.
Debloating Your Windows (Remove Bad Softwares)
Windows 10 and 11 come pre-installed with a slew of undesirable applications. These programmes constantly operate in the background, resulting in poor in-game performance and packet loss in online games.
Simply go to the URL provided and download Windows 10, and 11 Debloater, then follow the on-screen instructions. This will allow you to free up a lot of space, which will result in a better FPS.
Enable Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling
This option will utilise your graphics card for jobs that require a lot of GPU power, minimising latency and enhancing performance.
- Enter “Graphics Settings” into the Windows search box and choose the first option that shows.
- Make sure “Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling” is enabled.
- You’ll now see a list of all the games that are currently installed on your computer.
- Select “Elden Ring” from the drop-down menu and set the performance to high.
- Keep in mind that your system’s support for this function is totally reliant on it.
Enable Ultimate Performance Power Plan
This option will enhance your machine’s power usage. The more processing power you provide your system, the better the game will perform; hence, activating this function can help you achieve more frames per second in video games.
- Go to the beginning, Look for ‘cmd,’ then right-click it and execute it as an administrator.
- “powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61” should be copied and pasted into your CMD.
- By searching for Edit Power Plan in Windows search, choose Maximum Performance from the Power Plan Settings menu.
Update your Graphics Card Drivers
Typically, the most recent graphics card drivers are accessible on the manufacturer’s website. To install your new driver, follow the instructions in the installation procedure, and be sure to check any auto-update options to ensure your driver is always up to date.
The new graphic card updates are specially enhanced for new games by Nvidia and AMD so that you can get maximum performance in video games, So updating your GPU drivers is very important.
- Go to Official Site for Drivers
AMD : Download
Nvidia : Download
- Download the latest version of GPU driver and Install
- Restart your PC
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays to increases FPS
In video games, overlays cause stuttering. Third-party programmes may create latency when playing games by interfering with their operations. Remove or disable the Rockstar Launcher, Steam, and Discord overlay settings.
You may also choose to turn off the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. This can help you enhance your frame rate and eliminate stuttering and FPS dropouts in video games. Check that MSI Afterburner and similar programmes are not operating in the background.
Reduce your screen resolution
Higher resolutions need your graphics card to render a greater number of pixels, reducing your FPS significantly. Play games at the same resolution as your display whenever feasible.
If you’re still having trouble maintaining a decent number of frames per second, maybe about decreasing your screen resolution. Almost every game’s video settings had the ability to do so.
- Start the game and look at the menu.
- Navigate to Settings and look for Video Settings.
- Screen resolution may be found under Video options.
- Reduce the screen resolution to gain more frames per second.
Use Game Booster for More FPS
Although FPS booster software claims to raise your frame rate in games, you won’t notice much of a change if you’ve previously tried other techniques to improve your FPS.
Razer Cortex: Game Booster is one of the most well-known and long-running game boosters on the market. It is available for free and is given by Razer, one of the major gaming businesses.