Many gamers who are currently playing Evil Dead: The Game have reported that they are unable to begin the game or that it crashes on startup and loading screens. Because of these problems, the game is unplayable.
In this guide, we’ll go over some of the best ways to easily fix Evil Dead the game crashes, not launching, not loading, and other issues. Make sure to follow every step and check which one worked for you.
Using Automated Epic Games launcher Troubleshooter
Use the Troubleshoot option in the Epic Games Settings menu to see if the issue is caused by an Epic Games launcher bug.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher application.
- In the lower left window, select Settings.
- Click Troubleshoot when you find it.
- Wait for the client to inspect the situation.
Antivirus software like Avast, Kaspersky, and Macafee can consume a lot of resources when running in the background. For increased efficiency, it’s best to disable or remove them. Because it is more effective than most others, you may want to use Windows Defender as your default antivirus.
- In Windows, go to the Start menu.
- After typing Windows Security, press Enter.
- Select Virus & Threat Protection from the left action bar.
- After scrolling down to the Virus & Threat Protection choices, click Manage settings.
- Toggle the toggle button under Real-time protection to temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Select Yes to confirm the change if prompted.
Verify the Game files
Epic Games launcher, like Steam, provides a repair tool that you may use to check the health of your local files, such as game data, especially if you’re having problems.
- First Close the Game
- Start the Epic Game launcher.
- On the upper left, click Library.
- Click the three-dots below the game tile.
- Choose Verify.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
- Start the game and look for the issue.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays
Third-party apps can sometimes block games from operating, resulting in the game crashing when you launch it. Uninstalling or disabling these apps will assist with the game crash fix that you have been experiencing.
Apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro, and others that run above the game should be disabled or uninstalled. To uninstall them, go to the control panel and select uninstall. To disable them, go to Task Manager, locate the task, right-click it, and select End Task.
By pressing the Windows key and searching for GeForce, you can disable the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. Change the settings. You can locate in-game overlay under the general section. Press the green drag icon to disable it.
Change Game Priority to High in Task Manager
If the game crashes inbetween, several times, then you need to change the priority of Evil dead the game main exe file to High, which tells the windows to high more priority to the game, and use more RAM & CPU.
In this way, the game will run properly, without getting crashed. Follow the steps to do set the high priority in the game –
- Search for Task Manager in Start
- Go to Processes tab and find the Evil Dead game task.
- Right-click and Select Set Priority, then choose High.
- Now Run the Game, without crashing anymore
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Look in the Evil Dead: the Game installation directory for the.exe file.
- Choose Properties from the context menu when right-clicking the.exe file.
- Select “Disable full-screen optimization,” as shown in the image above.
- After choosing “Change the high-dpi settings,” select “override high-dpi scaling.”
- Now Hit Apply to complete the process.
When it comes to the performance of your windows, this step is essential. There will be many bug fixes and enhanced windows performance when you update your windows to the current version.
Follow the steps below one by one to update your windows:
- Search for settings by using the Windows key.
- Windows update is available in the Update and Security section of Windows 10.
- When you visit Settings on Windows 11, you’ll see a Windows Update option.
- Simply click on Check for Updates and the updates will be downloaded.
- Install the updates after they have been downloaded.
- Click Check for Updates once more, and if it says your windows are up to date, you’ve updated them successfully.
Also Check: Evil Dead: The Game Every Leader Ranked
Leave a comment