Table of Contents Hide
- Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering in Football Manager 2022
- Fix Crash, Freeze, and other errors while opening Football Manager 2022
In this guide we will fix the Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering, Crash, Freeze, and other errors that you have been facing while playing Football Manager 2022 and after this fix you will be able to play the game easily with better experience.
Football Manager is a video game that simulates the management of a football team. Attend press conferences, communicate with the board when necessary, personally praise or criticize players, and provide team lectures.
Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering in Football Manager 2022
Fps drop, lag, and stuttering is common in video games if you do not have proper optimized windows and pc. Here we will get that done, improve the performance.
Reduce Stuttering By decreasing CPU and GPU Temperature
Stuttering and a drop in frame rate are caused by high CPU and GPU temperatures. Fps dropouts and stuttering will not affect your gameplay performance if you keep your temperature under control.
Repasting is the most efficient approach for PC users to reduce CPU and GPU temperatures. Simply open your CPU using a cooler repaste and apply the paste to both the CPU and the GPU.
Undervolting and repasting can be used to regulate the temperature of a laptop computer. Undervolting a processor is accomplished by reducing the voltage at which it operates, which is similar to what PC users do.
Memory Reduct for cleaning the RAM
Memory Reduct is a free program for cleaning out your memory and freeing up space taken up by background apps. This program assists in the termination of background applications, allowing your PC to function more quickly.
How to use Memory Reduct
- First, click on this link to download Memory Reduct.
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Press Next, then I agree and then Next and Install.
- Click on Next and then Finish.
- Press Windows key and search Mem Reduct and open it.
- Click on Clean Memory.
Windows Debloater for better performance
Debloater is an excellent solution to deal with the unwanted services and settings in Windows that you don’t use and are causing lag, stuttering, internet issues, packet loss, and other issues in your game.
You can check our article on how to do it by clicking on this link. Each step has been explained in detail and after the debloating you will see a faster and lag free windows with better gaming performance.
Turn Game Bar On
Game Bar lets windows optimize the system resources to its maximum potential.
- In Windows 10, Press Windows key and search Game Mode Settings and hit enter.
- Turn the Game Mode ON.
- There on the left side you will find Xbox game bar. Turn it off.
- In Windows 11, Go to settings and on the left side click on gaming.
- Turn off Xbox Game Bar and Turn on Game Mode.
Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
It will make the use of your graphics card to do task which require heavy GPU usage and reducing latency and improve performance.
- In Windows 10, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Enable the option called Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- In Windows 11, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Under Default Settings, click on change default graphics settings.
- Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- Below you will see a list of games you have on your system.
- Find FM2022 and then click on options and set it to high performance.
- Note that it depends on your system whether it supports this feature or not.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan
This method enable ultimate performance mode, thus by using more power you will increase the performance.
- Press Windows Key and search cmd.
- Right Click on command prompt and run as administrator.
- Paste the given code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Now go to the control panel then hardware and sound and then click on power options.
- There you will see ultimate performance option, select it.
Fix Crash, Freeze, and other errors while opening Football Manager 2022
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Open Steam and on the top left side click on steam and then on settings.
- Find the library option.
- Enable Low Bandwidth Mode and Low Performance Mode.
- Click on OK.
- Now go to the library and find FM2022.
- Right click on it and then manage and then browse local files.
- Right-click on the .exe file and click on properties.
- In the compatibility section, disable full-screen optimization.
- Click on change high dpi settings and enable override high dpi scaling.
- Press apply and then OK.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary Files take a lot of space and this leads to the slow-down of hard disk. If your hard disk slows down, it will result in more fps drop and stuttering. In order to delete the temp files, follow these steps :
- To launch the “Run” dialogue box, use the Windows Button + R.
- Enter the following text: %temp% and hit ok.
- This will take you to your temporary folder.
- To select all, press Ctrl + A.
- To confirm, press “Delete” on your keyboard and then “Yes.”
- Skip through any files that aren’t being removed.
- Your temporary files have now been removed.
Sometimes antivirus takes up lot of resources while running in background, so disabling it is important while playing games.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Press Enter after typing Windows Security.
- On the left action bar, select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click Manage settings after scrolling down to Virus & Threat Protection options.
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus, click the toggle button under Real-time protection.
- If prompted, select Yes to confirm the change.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays increases FPS
Third-party programmes can sometimes block games from operating, resulting in the game crashing when you launch it. Uninstalling or deactivating these programmes will assist with the game crash repair that you have been experiencing.
Apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro, and others that run above the game should be disabled or uninstalled. To uninstall them, go to the control panel and select uninstall. To disable them, go to Task Manager, locate the task, right-click it, and select End Task.
By tapping the Windows key and then searching for GeForce, you can disable the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. Go to the settings menu. You may locate in-game overlay under the general area. By hitting the green drag symbol, you may disable it. Leave it alone if it’s already white or grey.
This step is crucial when it comes to the performance of your windows. When you update your windows to the latest one, there will be various bug fixes, and you will see improved windows performance.
In order to update your windows, follow these steps one by one:
- Press the Windows key and search for settings.
- In case of Windows 10 you will find Windows update option in Update and Security section.
- In Windows 11 when you open settings, Windows Update option is there.
- Simply click on check for updates and download the updates.
- Once the updates are downloaded, install the updates.
- Once again, click on check for updates and if it shows your windows is up-to-date, then you have successfully updated your windows.
Getting your graphic drivers up to date is an important aspect which helps in boosting FPS and reduce game stutter. In order to update the drivers for your graphic card, follow all the steps one by one.
- For Nvidia users, press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box.
- For AMD users, press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software in the search box.
- In both programs, go to the driver section.
- Select Check for Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- If a driver is available, you should download and install it.
When you update your graphic card, you may see improved performance in your game and reduce stutter that you have been facing.