Table of Contents Hide
- Advantages of Low Pings in Fortnite?
- How to get Low Pings in Fortnite 2021
- Use Wired Connection Instead of Wireless
- Remove Viruses and Adware from your system
- Remove Windows 10 and Windows 11 Bloatware
- Stop all the background and startup applications
- Exitlag Ping reducer for fortnite (optional)
- Call your Internet Service Providers
- Change Fortnite Matchmaiing region to the best region available for you.
- Optimize / Update / Reinstall your Network Drivers
- Best Pings to Play Fortnite
High Latency or Pings Can affect your gaming performance in Fortnite. The High Ping issue is a massive problem in Fortnite.
So what is ping? Ping is the distance between the client and the Fortnite servers.
For Instance, if you are from India and the game server you are trying to connect to is in the USA. Then you will get delays and high pings, which in turn can affect your gameplay.
Advantages of Low Pings in Fortnite?
Let me explain to you with an example. Imagine you are trying to build stairs or roofs in Fortnite. Your building speed will be determined according to your Internet speed and distance from the server (pings).
So for that reason, you need to get as low pings as possible while you are playing Fortnite Because that will improve your building speed in Fortnite and your aiming.
- You can build faster in fortnite.
- Low Pings will improve your aim.
- Your editing speed will increase in fortnite.
- Low Pings will make your game run smooth and you will get more FPS.
Having low pings in-game will undoubtedly give you a fair advantage against your opponents, So don’t worry, we will tell you precisely what you need to get low pings in Fortnite, So you can dominate every lobby and get more wins in Fortnite.
How to get Low Pings in Fortnite 2021
I have compiled a detailed analysis of what you need to do and what not to do to improve your pings in Fortnite and get a high amount of kills in Fortnite. Please follow the steps carefully to get better results.
If you want to reduce the input delay in Fortnite, then follow the article mentioned.
Use Wired Connection Instead of Wireless
Let’s get started with the pros and cons of using a wired connection and how it will improve your pings and internet speed.
Using fibre or wired connections can give you much more speed than wireless networks because wireless connections are used by more than one or two devices which can cause interference in the whole network.
Many things can also cause interference in wireless networks. It can modify the sender and receiver signal, which is also known as unwanted signals.
Here is a comparison between wired and wireless connections on the same network so that you can see the difference between both network performances.
Wired Connection Speed on Fortnite
Wireless Connection Speed on Fortnite
As you can see in both images above that wired connections are way more potent in terms of connection. If you are on a wireless connection, there will be more packet loss and ping fluctuations.
By using only wired connections, I was able to achieve 50% more better performance from my connection.
You can easily buy a cheap ethernet cable online. You can connect this cable with your wifi router and connect it back to your PC.
Remove Viruses and Adware from your system
There are many ways to remove viruses and adware quickly. I will add some free antivirus tools for you so that you can do everything without any problems.
Malwarebytes is free-to-use antivirus software that will help you to remove any virus from your system from its root.
If you are on Windows, you need to secure your system with antivirus software. Because many websites can steal your private info, also viruses can decrease your performance because it uses your CPU and Internet usage.
How to use antivirus to improve pings in fortnite
- First Download and install Malwarebytes from their official site.
- After that select full system scan.
- Let the process complete and remove or quarentine all the infected files.
Remove adware using malwarebytes
- Open Malwarebytes now select adware remover.
- After that simply let it complete the process.
- Now remove all the adwares in your system.
Remove Windows 10 and Windows 11 Bloatware
Many people don’t know that their Internet is being used by many applications preinstalled in windows 11 or 10, e.g., weather widget, Cortana, and many more.
To get more Internet speed and FPS in Fortnite, we need to remove and disable unnecessary stuff from our computers. To do that quickly, we have the best tool for you to do this process in one step.
Windows 11 Debloater – Fix Pings, Lags
This tool will help you increase your PC performance and remove bad preinstalled applications so that you can get more FPS out of your operating system. This tool is open-source and free to use for everyone.
- Download Windows 11 Debloater Github.
- After that Simply extract all the files to your desktop.
- Now Simply run Powershell as admin and type: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Force
- Now go to your extracted directory by typing cd Desktop or wherever your Files are located.
- Enter the script name you want to run Windows10DebloaterGUI.ps1 and press enter.
Stop all the background and startup applications
This process is fundamental. I have seen many people’s computers while assisting them via Teamviewer. More than 80% of people don’t stop their startup apps and stop their background apps while playing video games.
Without wasting your time, I will tell you how to do that in an instant.
Disable Startup Applications in Windows 11 and Windows 10
- Go to Windows Search and type Task Manager.
- After task manager is open go to startup tab.
- Now Select the apps you want to stop from booting up during windows startup.
You can use a game booster or task manager to stop the apps from running in the background.
Exitlag Ping reducer for fortnite (optional)
I know many of you have heard about the company called Exitlag, which is a tool that can help you reduce pings in nearly all video games.
I used to think that Exitlag doesn’t work, but after testing it with nearly all the games, I play Fortnite, CSGO, Warzone. I was able to achieve 30-20 Pings in most of the games.
Exitlag helps you to connect your game with the closest region possible. It directly connects your connection to the game server so that it doesn’t have to go through other unnecessary routes.
Don’t just take my word for it, Download Exitlag and get the three-day free trial and try it out.
Call your Internet Service Providers
The best and easiest way to fix your internet speed is to contact the customer support team of your ISP. If you think there is something wrong with your Internet.
Most of the time, your Internet is not working correctly because of some technical issue or server load. To get that fixed, either you should change your internet brand, or you can request the ISP to fix it.
Change Fortnite Matchmaiing region to the best region available for you.
Sometimes the game cannot determine your actual server location automatically, and you start getting bad pings in Fortnite.
If you want to fix that issue, you can change your matchmaking region to get the best pings possible in the game.
E.g., if you live in India, you should change your region to the middle east or from the USA, then change it to the US.
How to change your matchmaking region in fortnite 2021
- First open your game.
- Now head onto your main menu.
- Select the settings icon.
- Now head onto the Game tab.
- You will see an option on top called matchmaking region, Change accordingly and click save changes.
Optimize / Update / Reinstall your Network Drivers
This is an essential step, and in this step, I will help you optimize your network driver settings to get the maximum potential.
A few steps to tweak your Network Settings
- Disable File sharing and Printer Sharing in Networks.
- Enable Custom DNS for Gaming Performance.
- Disable interrupt moderation in Network Adaper Settings.
- Update Your Drivers to latest version from official website.
- Flush DNS to clear drivers and improve performance:
- Run CMD as admin
- Type the following commands mentioned below in given order:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Now Simply Restart your PC.
You can also watch the video below to optimize your network settings in windows 11 and windows 10.
Best Pings to Play Fortnite
After you have completed all the steps above, I am 100% sure that you could improve your gameplay and pings in Fortnite. So what are the excellent pings to master a game like Fortnite?
- Best Ping 20-30 ms
- Good Ping 40-50 ms
- Playable Ping 100-150 ms
- Bad Ping 200-300+ ms
Low pings give you an advantage in building and fighting battles in Fortnite. If you have a terrible ping in-game, you cannot game at its best you need to do something to bring your A-game.
First, you need a Wired LAN connection to improve your pings in Fortnite because Lan or wired connections give more speed and strong connections power.
Remove malware from your system, you that no virus can take any internet speed, and you will get low pings in Fortnite.
Remove Bloatware and stop all the background processes from reducing data and bandwidth consumption.
Thanks for reading the article. I hope it helped you to reduce your Fortnite pings. Subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates. I hope you have a good day.