The MP5 is an iconic gun in the Call of Duty Franchise. It has always been a top 10 gun in most of COD games and with the beta release for MW2 for players worldwide on consoles, people were excited to try out the gun in this variant of the military first-person shooter.
The beta for MW2 locks out many guns and killstreaks which doesn’t allow the players or testers of the beta to enjoy the game to the fullest. This was the same case with the MP5, it was locked until a glitch was discovered which allowed the users the unlock it.
This article will tell you how to obtain MP5 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and start playing with it to get those kills you’ve been craving for. Let’s get into it:
How to Unlock MP5 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
The MP5 isn’t unlocked in beta, but there is a way by which you can obtain the gun. Follow these steps to obtain the gun:
- Make a Loadout without the Overkill perk equipped in that Loadout.
- In the primary weapon, slot equips the Expedite 12 Shotgun.
- Add the Overkill perk to your Loadout now
- In your second weapon slot, the Lachmann assault rifle should be already equipped.
- Level up the gun until you reach weapon level 13. You’ll get the Receiver for the MP5 on doing so or to simply say the submachine gun variant of the Lachmann.
- This gun is none other than the MP5.
This all might sound a little puzzling at first with all the big names but it’s quite easy to execute and almost anyone can get the MP5 if they follow the instructions correctly.
This glitch was first spotted by CharlieIntel, he spotted the glitch and shared his discovery with the community so that everyone can enjoy the game.
This was how you can get the MP5 in MW2. For more latest news guides tips and tricks related to games and technology make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.