Table of Contents Hide
- Minimum System Requirements
- Ways You Can Do To Reduce Lag in Ghostwire Tokyo
- Reduce Resolution
- Reduce The Graphics Settings
- Disable HPET to get more frames per second and lower latency.
- Setup Timer Resolution
- Close all other Applications
- Update Your Drivers
- Set the game on High Graphic Performance
Ghostwire: Tokyo is an action-adventure game developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks and is just a few days away from being released on the platforms PS5 and PC.
The game visually looks stunning but due to the quality of the visuals the game can be a little demanding on your device which might cause several issues while running the game, so we have decided to bring you this guide to tell you what you can do to run the game as smoothly as possible.
Minimum System Requirements
Before buying the game make sure your device meets the minimum requirements to run the game. The minimum requirements for Ghostwire Tokyo are given below-
- OS: 64-Bit Windows 10 version 1909 or higher
- CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHZ or AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- RAM: 12 GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX 5500 XT (VRAM 6 GB+)
- Storage: 20 GB available space (SSD recommended)
- DirectX: Version 12
These are the bare minimum requirements you need in order to run the game, if your device does not meet these requirements you should upgrade your device before trying to run this game.
Ways You Can Do To Reduce Lag in Ghostwire Tokyo
Here are some of the things you should try if you are facing issues with lag and frame drops in your game –
Higher resolutions need your graphics card to render a greater number of pixels, reducing your FPS significantly. Play games at the same resolution as your display whenever feasible.
But if you are facing issues while playing the game you might want to play at a lower resolution setting so that your device can run the game at higher framerates.
You can do this by going to the Setting in-game and reducing the resolution till you find a resolution where your game runs smoothly.
Reduce The Graphics Settings
You might also want to reduce the graphics quality your game is running since higher settings put stress on your graphics card and if your graphic card is a little older and not able to run the game at a higher setting you should reduce the graphics setting as much as needed for a smooth experience. You should try to find a balance between visuals and performance.
Disable HPET to get more frames per second and lower latency.
HPET is one of the tasks that can create delays and stuttering in video games; I recommend that you disable it since it can help you get higher FPS in Elden ring and eliminate any stuttering and stuck issues.
- To turn off the HPET, follow the instructions below:
- First, in Windows, search for “Device Manager.”
- Then, choose “Device manager” and scroll down to “system devices.”
- Now, locate the “High precision even timer” option and right-click to disable it.
Setup Timer Resolution
Timer Resolution is a critical application that may be used to reduce latency or delays in the Elden ring. You may just download the program from the URL provided and begin using it. It’s really simple to use; all you have to do is set it to 0.5; if it’s not 0.5, execute the commands listed below.
- bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
- bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
- bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
You just need to restart your system after running all of these tasks one by one. You should now see 0.5 in your Timer Resolution program.
Close all other Applications
If your game is still struggling to keep a constant good framerate try closing all other applications on your device and run the game only. Doing so will ensure that all the resources of your device are being concentrated on the game which will lead to better performances.
Update Your Drivers
You should also make sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date as running the game on outdated versions may lead to comparatively poor performance.
To update your driver you simply have to go to the official website of your graphic card company and the latest drivers would be available for download there.
Set the game on High Graphic Performance
If the game still lags you might want to set the graphic performance setting of Ghostwire Tokyo to High. You can do this by
- Go to Display Settings
- Select Graphics settings
- Select Desktop App Option
- Browse GhostwireTokyo.exe file
- Select Options
- The graphics preference menu would appear you simply have to choose the Highe Performace Option from there
You can also watch the video above for a better understanding. These are some of the ways that will hopefully solve any problems you might face while running the game and smoothen your experience in Ghostwire Tokyo.