Gloomwood is an upcoming Indie Stealth Horror game. It can be played in First Person Perspective(FPP). The game is set in a forgotten, twisted Victorian metropolis in the midst of a horrifying transformation.
The player is wields a classic cane-sword, simple but mighty. This game can be described as frightening, gothic immersive sim full of haunted streets, dark tunnels and decadent mansions. We don’t know how the game’s map will be set but as our understanding of games’s description, this can be an open-world game.
The city lets you explore freely,from rooftops to hidden sewers, the path taken, is the player’s choice. To battle greater demons, one needs greater weapons, so a six-shot revolver, folding shotgun, hand-placed traps, rope-slinging harpoon rifle and more accompany your cane-sword.
As the developers mention “There is more to this city than you can possibly imagine…”. This game is developed by Dillon Rogers and David Szymanski, Under New Blood Interactive. They’re previous games were Ultra Kill, Dusk, Amid Evil. Gloomwood is supposed to be available on Windows(PC), it can be purchased from Steam or GOG.
As for every game, especially for every new game errors, bugs, glitches, crashes are nothing new. So as we always do, we’ll try to let you how to fix some common errors, bugs, glitches, crashes that could occur when you try to play Gloomwood.
Fix 1 – Black Screen Error/ Game Crash Error:
Black screen issues or the game crash is very common. Black screen issues might arise due to several reasons. here are some simple ways to fix the issue:
- Make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements demanded by the game.
- Update your Windows OS to the latest available version to avoid such issue.
- Update your Graphic Card drivers to the latest available version. This is very important as the latest updates makes your system optimised for the latest game for your specific Graphic Card. We suggest you to get the latest available drivers from the official website of your Graphic Card manufacturer. Here are the official links to some famous GPU makers, Intel https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html , Nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx, AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support .
- This issue might also occur when your PC components like CPU or GPU overheat. Verify this situation and keep them temperatures in control.
Fix 2 – DirectX Error:
If you are trying to play the game but a dialogue box comes up saying “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” don’t worry, this is a common issue. Not only this game, but several other games suffer with this issue.
This error will not simply start the game. Even if it launches, it will eventually crash. It’s pretty frustrating. A few possible reasons why this might occur are unexpected glitches, corrupt files, outdated software, outdated drivers, compatibility issues. We’ll tell you how to fix this issue very easily:
- Always make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements of the game, if not get ready to face more of such issue.
- Make sure you have the latest available version of the DirectX software. You can check your current DirectX version by using Windows Run, simply press Windows key + R, type dxdiag . This will pop-up a new window showing you the the DirectX details. Check the current installed version and update it if is outdated. Only install the DirectX from it’s official website. Here’s the link to make job easier for you https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 .
- Make sure your GPU Drivers are up to date. This is very important. Once you have verified you need to update them, we suggest you to get the latest available drivers from the official website of your Graphic Card manufacturer. Here are the official links to some famous GPU makers, Intel https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html , Nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx, AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support .
- You can try verifying and repairing the game files from the specific game launcher you purchased the game from. If that does not work, try re-installing the game.
These are some commonly occurring issues, errors, glitches, bugs, and performance issues in Gloomwood and their possible fixes mentioned by us. I hope you have found solutions for your issues here.
If you are facing any other issues or need to raise a complaint, you can try contacting New Blood Interactive team via their social media platform pages, here are the links, for Twitter https://twitter.com/NewBlood , for Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheNewBloods .
If you have any other issues regarding any other game, PC software related, or any issues at all, please feel free to let us know via our Facebook or Twitter pages. If you have any other feedback, you also reach us at above mentions platforms. We would love to interact with our readers!