If you are looking for the best controller settings for God of War PC, you are at the right place because these settings will help you win all of the boss fights easily. We guarantee that these settings will help you improve your gameplay so that you never lose a duel again.
God of War is an award-winning action-adventure game that revolves around the Greek God of War Kratos and his son Atreus who embark on a journey together, fighting giants, elves and other beasts as they explore six of the nine realms of Norse mythology. It is the eighth instalment in the series and a sequel to 2010’s God of War III. To much of the PC gamers displeasure, the series had stayed a strict Playstation exclusive.
But the wait is finally over. God of War (2018) is coming to PC, that too with a bunch of enhancements like Reflex, DLSS, high res shadows and 4k resolution support. This PC port has been one of the most exciting releases on PC in early 2022, so we’re providing a list of controller keybinds and get you up to speed, so you can download the game and jump straight into the action.
Best Controllers Keybinds for God Of War on PC
To be good at God of War, you need to be quick on your feet. Here are the movement keybinds,
- Walk / Run / Climb – Left Thumb Stick
- Dodge – Right Thumb Stick
- Rolling dodge – Double-tap X
- Jump – X Button
- Double jump – X Button (Double tap)
The satisfying combat of God of War is one of its most significant selling points. The controls can get a little confusing to new players, so here’s a quick look.
- Normal attack – Square Button
- Heavy Attack – Triangle Button
- Grab Enemy – Circle
- Block/ Parry – L1
- Select Magic – D-pad
- Use item/ magic – L2
- Action – R2
- Launch Enemy – Triangle (Hold)
- Super Jump – X button (after enemy launch)
- Chain Grab – Circle Button (when enemy is in air)
- Kick object – R2 (Hold) + X (Charge)
- Hercules Stomp – R2 (in air)
This game has weapons that feel great when used correctly. Make sure to remember the controls as follows.
- Equip Leviathan Axe – Right on D-pad
- Equip Blades of Chaos – Left on D-pad
- Switch to unarmed attack – Right on D-pad while Axe is equipped
- Change Atreus’ arrows – Up on D-Pad
- Throw Leviathan Axe – R1 while aiming
- Call back Leviathan Axe – Triangle
- Lock-on – R3
God of war has a plethora of exciting attack combos. Here are some of the basic ones. Note that these controls apply only when in active combat.
- Icarus Lift – X button (double tap)
- Ascension – Hold Triangle
- Orions Harpoon- Circle
- Hades reverse- R1 (just before enemy attacks you)
- Apollo’s Ascension – Hold L1 + X Button
Can the controls in God of War be altered?
It is often the case that players don’t find the default controller keybinds comfortable. Lucky for them, it is possible to change the default controls for the game by going into the Gameplay section of the Settings menu, which gives you choices on reconfiguration. The game also has a “Classic” control scheme resembling previous games in the series for those who prefer that.
Best Controller Sensitivity Settings in God of War
Sensitivity settings are more of a personal preference and vary for each player. But the most commonly used values are as follows.
- Camera Speed – 7
- Aim Speed – 7
So that was all the recommendations on keybinds we could offer. These will surely help you jump right into the game as soon as it releases and give you a memorable experience.
God of War launches on Friday, the 14th of January and is available for pre-order on Steam and Epic Games Store.