God of War Ragnarok is an action video game developed by Santa Monica Studio and published by none other than Sony Interactive Entertainment. This title is now officially out for the PS5 and PS4 globally.
Since the platform release is recent, many players are facing problems like crashing or not loading on their consoles. Issues aside, it’s more important to give time for the game to become more streamlined, and in the meantime try fixing what we can on our own for now. Keep reading to see the tips to address the crashing issue.
Check System Updates
- Go to the settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update and make sure to check for updates available.
- Reboot the System to apply your changes.
Delete Saved Game Data
- Go to the Settings menu and select storage.
- Select save data and select God of War Ragnarok
- Go options button on your controller and select the saved game file.
- Click delete and confirm the task to complete it.
- Reboot the console to apply changes.
Rebuild the Database
This move can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. To achieve this, follow this:
- Turn off your console completely.
- Wait for 4-5 mins.
- Turn on the System, and the cache will be cleared automatically, which should do the trick.
- Press and hold the power button on the PlayStation console
- put it in safe mode after you hear the 2 beep sounds
- Collect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS button
- Look out for an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select to confirm.
- After that reboot the system normally.
Reinstalling God of War Ragnarok
In case any problem related to crashing or not loading still persist, then make sure to uninstall the game fully and then reinstall it back on your console which should rectify the issue. Follow the given tips below.
- Go to Settings and select the tab called storage.
- Find and select the God of war Ragnarok game and hit delete.
- After that, download and install it again from the respective source and it should for the time being rectify the lagging or crashing issue.
Reset your PS4/PS5
Sometimes, resetting a console is the only to flush any bugs out of the system and make it work. Try performing a factory reset to check for the issue.
- Head toward settings on the PlayStation console menu.
- Select the initialization tab and then select Initialize PS5/PS4.
- Choose full from the next page.
- Wait till it successfully restarts again after wiping its memory and then after that, again reboot the system.
If anyone is facing the above issue, worry not as the above guide will definitely allow you to fix them for now. Since the game is still new to the console arena, there are bound to be bugs and lags and glitches as such and soon devs will release the patch which should make things smooth for all the players.
Till then, Happy gaming to all!
Check out the game at – https://www.playstation.com/en-us/god-of-war/