Guild Wars 2 is like a typical MMO RPG game that you must have been playing for a while. This game was released back in 2012 on August 28 and now it’s gaining popularity because of the new DLC it offered.
In this guide, we will talk about how you can fix lag, and stuttering, and boost FPS and the performance of the game which will help you run the game more smoothly with more FPS and better performance you will perform better.
Stuttering Fix and Reduce Lag
Every user should make use of a few standard settings. These are the built-in Windows services that will help you improve your game performance and resolve issues like latency and stuttering.
Turn Game Bar On
- In Windows 10, press the Windows key and type “Game Mode Settings” into the search box.
- Activate the Game Mode.
- The Xbox game bar is located on the left side of the screen. It should be turned off.
- Go to Settings in Windows 11 and select Gaming from the left-hand menu.
- Switch between Game Mode and Xbox Game Bar.
Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
- Press the Windows key and type Graphics Settings in Windows 10.
- Enable the Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling option.
- Press the Windows key and type Graphics Settings in Windows 11.
- Change the default graphics settings under Default Settings.
- Enable GPU Scheduling with Hardware Acceleration.
- A list of the games you have on your system may be found below.
- Find New World, then go to Options and select High Performance from the drop-down menu.
- It is important to note that whether your system supports this feature is dependent on your system.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- Press the Windows key and type cmd into the search box.
- Run as administrator by right-clicking on the command prompt.
- Paste the given code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- After that, navigate to the control panel, then hardware and sound, and finally power choices.
- Select the ultimate performance option from the drop-down menu.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Open Steam and click on steam in the top left corner, then settings.
- Locate the choice for the library.
- Low Bandwidth Mode and Low-Performance Mode should be enabled.
- Click the OK button.
- Go to the library and look for Guild Wars 2 for PC.
- Right-click it, then select Manage and Browse Local Files from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click the.exe file and select properties from the context menu.
- Disable full-screen optimization in the compatibility area.
- Enable override high dpi scaling by clicking on modify high dpi settings.
- Apply and then OK are the buttons to press.
Memory Reduct for cleaning the RAM
Memory Reduct is a free tool which you can use to clean up your memory and free up space used by background apps. This software helps kill background applications and makes your PC runs faster.
How to use Memory Reduct
- First, click on this link to download Memory Reduct.
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Press Next, then I agree and then Next and Install.
- Click on Next and then Finish.
- Press the Windows key and search Mem Reduct and open it.
- Click on Clean Memory.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary Files take up a lot of space and this leads to the slow-down of the hard disk. If your hard disk slows down, it will result in more fps drop and stuttering. In order to delete the temp files, follow these steps :
- To launch the “Run” dialogue box, use the Windows Button + R.
- Enter the following text: % of the temperature
- “OK” should be selected.
- This will take you to your temporary folder.
- To select all, press Ctrl + A.
- To confirm, press “Delete” on your keyboard and then “Yes.”
- Skip through any files that aren’t being removed.
- Your temporary files have now been removed.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Press Enter after typing Windows Security.
- On the left action bar, select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click Manage settings after scrolling down to Virus & Threat Protection options.
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus, click the toggle button under Real-time protection.
- If prompted, select Yes to confirm the change.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays increase FPS
Sometimes third-party apps prevent games from running, resulting in crashing when you open the game. So, uninstalling or disabling these apps will help in the crash fix of the game that you have been facing.
Disable or uninstall apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro or more apps like that which run above the game. In order to uninstall them, go to the control panel and then uninstall them. For disabling them go to task manager, find the task then right-click and end the task.
Disable the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay by pressing the Windows key and then searching GeForce. Go to settings. In the general section, you will find an in-game overlay. Disable it by pressing on the green drag icon. If it is already white or grey, then leave it.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated with topics related to gaming, tech, and more.