Twitch is one of the most popular live-streaming platforms when it comes to the Gaming Industry. First launched for PC-only, this app has also launched its mobile application for a while now. It can be a little hard to find some of the options in the mobile app though. So, In this article, we will discuss how to donate on twitch mobile in every possible way.
If you’re a regular Twitch viewer, you probably have a few favorite streamers that you love watching. While watching the same streamer so much, it’s completely normal to get an urge to support them in any way you can. One of the best ways to do this is by donating to the streamer. There are three ways to donate on twitch mobile as follows:
First, and also the most common and easy way to donate on twitch mobile is through subscriptions. A twitch subscription is like a ‘Sponsor’ on YouTube. By subscribing to a channel, you get a wide variety of emotes depending on if the channel is partnered or affiliated, a Sub-Badge, and permission to chat in Sub-Only mode. Some streamers also provide their own special benefits to subs like being able to join their lobby in a game.
To Subscribe to any given streamer on twitch, follow these steps:
- Open twitch on your phone and go to the stream that you want to subscribe to. You will see a panel with a blue button labeled as ‘Subscribe’. Click on it.
- After that, you’ll see a menu with the button to Subscribe at Tier 1 and below that, you’ll see all the benefits provided for subscribing. You can click on this button which will direct you to the payment portal. Once the payment is done, you’re gonna be subscribed to the channel.
- If you’re already subscribed to the channel, you can also use the Gift menu to gift out subscriptions to other viewers and followers. These can either be given randomly through this method or to a specific person by clicking on their name and then on ‘Gift Sub’. You can gift a single sub or a bunch of them including a pack of 5, 10, 50, 100, etc. You can also gift a custom amount of subs.
Reportedly, twitch takes a 50% cut from every sub sent to a streamer. Some streamers are an exception based on their contract.
As mentioned above, twitch takes 50% of the cut from subscriptions. This is a pretty big amount. So, to avoid this, some people like to donate on twitch mobile with bits. While twitch still takes a cut when someone donates bits, it’s lesser. Plus, bits have a direct conversion that tells you how much the streamer will get. For every 100 bits given, the streamer gets $1. Here’s how you can donate on twitch mobile using the bits feature:
- Open twitch and once you’re in the stream you want to donate on twitch mobile, go to the bits menu. The option is available on the right side of chatbox and left side of the emote menu at the bottom. It looks like the shape of an upside-down diamond.
- Once in there, you can click on the ‘Get Bits’ option to buy the bits and donate those bits using your own custom amount to any streamer you prefer.
Some streamers, or rather most of them, usually have an external donation link. This can be a link to their Paypal, Paytm, or any other app where you can directly send money to the streamer. This eliminates the aspect of Twitch taking a cut while you donate on Twitch mobile. To find the link, follow these steps:
- Click on the streamer’s avatar once you’re in their stream and head to the ‘About’ section.
- Once in there, scroll down to find the streamer’s Panels. Usually, streamers have a panel labeled ‘Donate’. Click on the Panel or the link provided below and you will be redirected to the streamer’s preferred donation platform.
That will do for all the ways to donate on Twitch Mobile Application. Hope the article was helpful!
Also, Read: Best Articles in India Ranked of 2022.
Leave a comment