In this guide, we will help you fix the Black Screen error that you have been facing in Elden Ring just by following the steps mentioned in the guide. You can also wait for the developer’s update in order to fix this update.
Elden Ring, the brainchild of Hidetaka Miyazaki and George RR Martin has just been released. Contrary to popular belief this is not just a Dark Soul clone set in an open world. This new game introduces a lot of different game mechanics and systems to the Dark soul template.
How to fix this error?
- Download the required files and install them.
- Click on this link to download and install net framework.
- Click on this link to download DirectX and install it clean.
- Download the latest version of Media Feature Pack by clicking on this link.
- Right-click on the launcher and click on properties.
- Go to the compatibility section and click on run this game on administrator.
- Remove modded game files.
- Go to the library in Steam.
- Locate your game, right-click it, and then select properties.
- Launch options can be found in the General section. Select it by clicking on it.
- Close it after typing “-dx12”.
- Right-click the game icon on your desktop and select properties.
- Disable on-screen optimizations by clicking compatibility and then running as administrator.
- Restart Steam and you are good to go.
Also, try to change the resolution to default as this also fixes the issue. This can be done by editing the user config files in save documents or in the Appdata folder also wherever you find the resolution option.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get keep yourself updated with more Elden ring guides like this.