Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is lastly here, and the franchise’s small army of eager fans is previously diving deep into the series’ latest entry. Gamers besides detractors alike have played through the campaign too and are already trying out all the multiplayer mode’s weapons and loadouts. Early adoptive parents have also outlined Modern Warfare 2’s cosmetic system, which incomes that it’s time to start grinding to unlock all the game’s camouflages.
For those who need a reminder, weapon camos are optional customization choices that let players add petite bling to their firearms. If you’ve ever seen an attack rifle painted in varying suspects of green to match a ghillie suit, you’ve seen weapon camo.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: How To Get Platinum Camo Explained
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has almost 200 diverse firearm paint options, and they’re all flashier than everything you’d ever see on a real-life soldier. Best of all, like weapon camos in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you can earn every solo camo without entering your credit card numbers. Whether you want to earn all the camos is an extra matter entirely.
- First, to modify a weapon with a camo, you need to visit the Multiplayer Loadout page, choose the weapon you want to paint via Custom Loadout, pick the Gunsmith option, and choose the Camo tab.
- That will load a page that demonstrates all the camos that you own and can unlock.
- The sheer number of camos is daunting, and it will perhaps grow as the years go by, but the process of unlocking all of them is a big share of the motive why so many people grind done the game’s multiplayer.
Camos come in two variations: universal and completionist. Snow Grass, which is chiefly an off-white broken up by streaks of green to simulate a green field covered in snow, is an example of a universal camo, which means it can be applied to any weapon. The problem is you can’t unlock it with fair any weapon; you need to use the MCPR-300 sniper rifle.
- Exactly, to acquire Snow Grass, you need to kill two adversaries within 10 seconds of apiece other with the MCPR-300, and then you need to repeat the procedure nine more times.
- Oh, and you also need to equal up the MCPR-300 before the game starts tracking the obligatory killstreaks.
This is the Achilles heel of Modern Warfare 2’s camo organization.
- To acquire any camo, you need to chore a weapon until it reaches a certain level, and then you need to grind very exact kills with it.
- You never know what challenges the game will throw at you until you reach the requisite level and view the appropriate camo in the Gunsmith menu.
- For case, another MCPR-300 camo, Bloodied, requires 10 hip fire kills (i.e., kills deprived of aiming down the scope). Here talk about a challenge.
Read More: Gotham Knights 2022: How To Install Mods & Use? Batman Mod?
Fortunately, Modern Warfare 2 streamlines the process by inserting all the camos you can solve with a weapon in a grey box at the screen’s bottom-left. After you unlock a universal skin for one weapon, it is also made obtainable for all your other firearms.
You will have to scroll finished the list of camos if you want to dip an M4 in Snow Grass, but at least you don’t have to kill two opponents within 10 seconds of each additional 10 times again.
If you thought widespread weapon camos were grindy, you might want to stop interpretation now because the process to earn completionist camos is even additional time-consuming. Each armament has four completionist skins: Gold, Platinum, Polyatomic, and Orion. And yes, they each consume their requisite challenges you need to solve first.
To unlock the Platinum camo challenge for a slight weapon, you need to acquire the gold camos for altogether weapons of its type. So, you know your dream of creating your assault and sniper rifles glitter similar to gold?
You will need to do just that if you want to unlock their shiny, Platinum textures. Again, you also need to complete each weapon’s specific Platinum challenge to truly unlock the skins, one gun at a time.
Read More: Victoria 3: Top 3 Best Countries to Play
Leave a comment