This article will teach you how to install Chrome Flex Operating Software on your old Windows PC or Laptop.
The new and advanced operating software like Windows 10 and Windows 11 are heavy and use a lot of RAM and processing power. Most cheap and mid-budget laptops already come with Windows 11 pre-installed.
The outdated hardware of these cheap laptops struggles a lot to run the demanding Windows OS. The simple task of refreshing and opening Chrome Browser on such laptops results in crashing.
The solution to this problem is installing a lightweight, minimalistic operating software called Chrome OS Flex on your old windows laptop. This new OS will reduce your old laptop’s boot time to half of what it was before.
Since Chrome OS Flex is supposed to run on low-spec laptops, it does not have fancy animations and a cluttered user interface. This minimalistic design of Chrome OS Flex will help rejuvenate your old windows laptop.
Minimum System Requirements to run Chrome OS Flex on Windows.
Google, the creator of Chrome OS Flex, has said that operating software can be installed on laptops and devices which were released less than 15 years ago. Google has revealed the minimum system requirements of a device with the capability to run Chrome OS Flex.
- Intel or AMD x86-64-bit compatible device.
- Atleast 4GB of RAM.
- 16GB of internal storage.
- Bootable from USB drive.
- BIOS with full administrative access.
How to install Chrome OS Flex on Windows.
Follow the steps given below to install Chrome OS Flex on Windows.
- Acquire an USB drive with more than 8GB of storage space.
- Open Chrome Browser on another Windows/Mac device.
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Install the Chromebook Recovery Utility from the Chrome Web Store.
- Access the Manage Extensions tab.
- Turn on the Chromebook Recovery Utility.
- Open the Chromebook Recovery Utility under the Extensions tab.
- Select your model from the list.
- Select Google Chrome OS Flex(Developer-Unstable) under the manufacturer list.
- The window will prompt you to insert your USB drive. Select the USB drive and click on “Create Now” button.
- Plug the USB drive on the device you want to install Chrome OS Flex on.
- Power on the device and enter the boot menu by pressing on the boot key.
- Select the USB drive in the boot device menu and boot it into drive.