Table of Contents Hide
A new TBS (Turn based game) Humankind, which is currently in the best game after civilization which is pretty unique with some features and interesting to play. It is easily available on steam for free if you want to check out.
But if you are playing Humankind, you will face some kind of issues such as – Crashing on launch, Game freezing, Unity Error, and Black screen while loading the game.
Here in this post, we are providing you with some useful methods and instructions for fixing humankind’s all possible errors. The Fixes we are providing are checked personally and implemented, make sure you check every step that will work for you.
some simple steps that we are providing are below. follow this if you are facing crash issues with the game.
Humankind Errors for the Fix-
- Unity Error
- Black Screen
1) Clear Temporary Files
Fix the game errors while loading up from the steam, with a basic fix which is restarting and cleaning temp your PC. So check if the problem can be fixed by restarting.
- Restart your PC
- Go to start, search for %temp% and Enter
- Delete all the files there (these are temporary files, deleting will not harm your PC)
2) Deleting Humankind Folder
The second fix would be deleting the Humankind folder that stores the settings, configurations and saves of your game in the documents folder.
- Open My Computer
- Go to Documents Folder
- Look for Humankind folder
- Delete it
Deleting the Humankind folder will also delete your game saves, so much check it before deleting.
3) Reinstall Epic Games from your PC
The issue can be because of your incorrect Epic games settings that might be blocking the game while running on the steam, try to uninstall or reinstall the Epic games launcher as well Epic games services from your PC and check again.
- Go to Start
- Search for Apps and Features
- Uninstall the Epic games launcher
- Also Uninstall the Epic games services
4) Reinstall or Update your Graphics Driver
The main reason for your game crash or a black screen can be because of your old driver of the graphics card. Must check if you are running with the latest updated driver for the NVIDIA or AMD GPU that you are using.
- For NVIDIA go to the official site : NVIDIA Official Site ( for AMD : AMD Official Site)
- Now choose your correct PC details
- then Download the Updated Driver
- Choose Express Installation and Install it
5) Run the Steam and Game as Administrator
If your game is not opening or having a black screen, one thing you can try is to open the game as well as steam as admin and try again.
- Go to this Local Disk C or location :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
- Right Click Steam.exe & Go to Properties then Compatibilty tab,
- Check Run this program as an administrator & Apply
- Now visit the Game Location :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Humankind
- Again right click game file, go to compability and Check Run as admininstrator
- Press Apply
6) Install Windows Game drivers
If you try to run and see a black screen or any other screen fluctuations, that might be because of a shortage of drivers such as – Direct x, visual c++ redistributables and .net framework. these driver tools are required whenever you try to install a new game.
- For Direct x – Download here
- Visual c++ Download here
- .net framework – Download here
- Install all one by one
- Restart your PC
or Download AIO drivers which contain all of these, with one click you can install all drivers that are pending.
7) Verify the game files
Verify your game files if you have missing game files or if your antivirus deleted them by mistake. Verify the files from the steam so that it can redownload the missing files or corrupted files completely.
- Go to Steam, at Library
- Right click Humankind and Select Properties
- Go to Local Files tab
- Click Verify Integrity of game files
8) Disable Steam Overlay
Steam overlay is a useful feature, that allows you to open steam and access its features while you are playing the game, but sometimes the game gets stuck due to the overlay. So make sure you try to check once by disabling it.
- Go to Steam, at Library
- Right Click Humankind, Click Properties
- Go to General tab
- and Untick the Enable the steam overlay while in game.
- Also Untick the Keep game saves in the Steam Cloud below
Also, make sure to check other overlay applications that are running in the background such as Discord and other overlay applications.
So that was all about Humankind fixes, that might fix all the game issues, if they still not worked for you, or you are lazy being doing the steps, do a complete reinstall of the steam as well as the game. and try again.