If you’re one of us old school game fanatics, but own a modern iOS phone that does not support your favorite Gameboy Advanced games, you’re in the right place, as here’s a quick guide showing you how to install a GBA emulator and use it to play a large variety of games without any jailbreaking involved.
Before we start, however, make sure your iOS device is not too old, as devices older than an iPhone 6 may not support this emulator properly. Also, we recommend updating your device firmware to the latest version to avoid any issues later.
So what is the GBA Emulator?
GBA4iOS is an emulator platform that you can use to play retro games on the iPhone and iPad. Since Apple doesn’t allow GBA games on the iPhone, people often jailbreak their iPhone and iPad to play Gameboy Advanced titles on them.
This causes system stability issues and voids the Apple warranty. With this emulator, however, you don’t need to jailbreak or follow the tedious procedure to play your retro games on any iOS device.
How to Install GBA Emulator
To download and install the GBA emulator on your iOS device, you need to follow the following steps.
- Step 1. Open Safari browser and Enter ignition.Fun in the adress bar and scroll down to tap on the Install Now (App) button.
- Step 2. Now that the setup is downloaded, you can tap on it to start the installation. When prompted tap on install.
- Step 3. Now you can Open the Ignition App from your home screen. Click on the second tab appearing on the bottom bar
- When on the Apps page – click on Emulators and locate GBA4iOS from the list there.
- Click on the GET button to install the emulator.
There, you have successfully installed the GBA emulator successfully on your device. You can start it from its icon on your home screen, download your favorite Gameboy Advanced games and start playing.