Developed by developer Blawar, Tinfoil is one of the most popular and reliable managers for Switch users. Tinfoil 14.0 is a recently released version that tackles a lot of issues and also has a ton of new features from their previous version that dates back to July 2021.
Read more about the changes here. Tinfoil helps players install new titles and keep their games and patches up to date. Here’s a guide on how to install Tinfoil 14.0.
How to Install Tinfoil 14.0
To install Tinfoil 14.0 on the switch, just follow the following step-by-step guide:
- First of all, if you haven’t installed any Tinfoil patches before, you’ll have to install atmosphere, TegraRCMGUI and Hekate onto your switch. To do this, follow this video.
- Once this is done, connect your MicroSD card from your switch to your PC. There are a lot of ways to do it but you can do it without having to take it out of switch through Hekate.
- After this, download GoldLeaf here by going to the Asset dropdown and clicking on Goldleaf.nro and also download Tinfoil 14.0 NSP version. You can also do it through Self Installer but it’s easier to access if you do it through NSP.
- Once this is done, open your MicroSD and drag/copy and paste the Goldleaf.nro file into the ‘Switch’ folder.
- Next, drag your NSP file into any of the folders on MicroSD. Make sure you remember where you place it because you’ll be searching for it later.
- Eject your MicroSD and put it back in your switch if you removed it. Once this is done, open atmosphere.
- Once you’re inside the atmosphere, click on Tinfoil, go to data management and delete the software from the bottom of that page. It is required to delete the old version of the software first.
- After you’ve deleted the old version, go to ‘Albums’ and open Goldleaf > Explore Content > SD card. And here, find the location of your NSP file.
- Install Tinfoil 14.0 from the NSP file and follow the instructions. Once you’re done with this, you will be able to see the newest version of Tinfoil on the home screen.
How to install games on Switch through Tinfoil and NUT
Follow these easy steps to install any game on your switch. Tinfoil can install .nsp, .xci, .xcz and .nsz files this way.
- You should already have tinfoil drivers installed, updated and downloaded NUT.exe from the asset dropdown. Check out this video and follow it till 4:00 if you need help with that.
- Connect the MicroSD card to your PC again and place the nut.exe file in the same folder as the .nsp file. Launch it.
- Go to Tinfoil application on your switch, select file browser and click on ‘usbfs:/’. Select the files where you keep all your games.
- Here, you can chose any game you like and install it. Wait for the installation to finish. Once this is done, you can close the Tinfoil app and you will be able to see the game on your home screen.
Hope this guide helps you play the games you want on the switch.
Also, check out: How to play Switch games on the Steam Deck via Emulator