Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best VR that is released, which is a great VR gadget that allows you to experience a wide range of virtual-reality adventures. VR lets you interact with a computer-generated world with real-life events and products.
But there are lots of issues if you try to use Oculus quest 2 for the first time, you may need to face some of the minor problems such as Black screen, Files Queued or not installing, and many others.
Here we will provide you with some fixes for fixing the Black screen of death in Oculus Quest 2, that can fix this issue in a few minutes. So keep reading.
What is Black Screen of Death Error in Oculus Quest 2?
For Most of the users, VR works fine without any issues, but some may get some weird issues that can be caused due to some tiny bugs, or glitches that can be fixed easily.
Black Screen of Death is basically a black glitched screen where you can’t see anything except for a black empty screen and you are stuck there.
Cause of Black Screen in VR Headsets
The Screen Glitches or Black screen errors are common for almost every VR headset, it can display hardware errors also in some cases which is the same. There are currently three main causes of black screen which are –
- Headset cable connection problem
- Wrong camera placement of the headset
- VR Not Detecting Headset
- Battery Issues
- Interrupted firmware updates
How to Fix Black Screen in Oculus Quest 2
Here we have provided every fix for the black screen that can be fixed, make sure to read all the steps carefully to avoid glitches in quest 2 –
Allow PC to not save Power while Running Oculus Quest 2
Make sure the headset is charged. You’ll only see a blank screen if the headset isn’t charged. Connect the headset to a USB charger and let it charge a bit.
To conserve power, your computer turns off some of the gadgets. You must allow the Oculus Quest 2 in the windows settings so that it runs without any restrictions. To do this –
- In Windows, Open Device Manager
- Right Click on Host Controller USB Driver
- Go to Properties, click on Power Managemen
- Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
- Click Ok to save the changes
Unplug and Plug the Oculus Quest 2
Try to Unplug and Plug the VR headset one time, this can also fix any of the screen glitches if there.
- Remove the facial interface from your headset
- Wait some seconds after unplugging the headset cable.
- Insert the cord as well as the facial interface back again in the headset.
Disable in-game overlay
To repair any issue that revolves around software or device, you can switch off the in-game overlay option. It may be useful in resolving screen glutches in the Oculus Quest VR headset.
- Start the GeForce Experience on your computer.
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Toggle the In-Game Overlay toggle to off in the General settings.
Disable Public Test Channel
Sometimes the Oculus Quest 2 bugs out when you had the Public Test channel turned on, this setting need to be turned off in order to work properly.
- Go to Oculus Settings first
- Now move to the Beta tab above
- Turn off the Public test channel there
Update your PC Drivers
Another reason which can cause the screen displaying errors is because of the outdated drivers, mostly the display drivers, make sure to update these drivers using Device Manager.
- Search and Open the Device manager in windows
- Click on Display Drivers dropdown there
- Now, Right click on the Desired driver
- Click on Update Driver
- Then Click on Search automatically for drivers
Adjust the VR resolution
There might be another issue where your VR is not able to render the screen due to high screen resolution, so make sure to lower down the resolution to see the changes.
- Remove the oculus Quest 2 from the PC first
- Go to the
- Further go inside Support -> oculus-diagnostics folder
- Find and run the OculusDebugTool.exe file
- Set 2784 value in Encode Resolution Width under the Tool
- Restart the PC
Restart VR Software
You can just try to Restart the Oculus Quest 2, to see if this can fix the issue or not, to do this –
- Simply press and hold the power button on your Oculus Quest headset until the shut-down menu appears.
- If you select the Restart option, your Oculus Quest will be restarted or rebooted automatically.
That was all about fixes for the oculus quest 2 screen glitches and the black screen. Follow these all to fix all screen issues easily. If you have any other solutions, feel free to provide one in the comment section below.
It won’t let me do anything