Windows itself provides various gaming features in order to provide its users smooth gaming experience, but we need to do some more tweaks in order to utilize its potential at its fullest and get the best possible experience.
In this guide we will do some tweaks to improve the gaming performance of Windows 10 and Windows 11 which helps in improving fps lags, stuttering and increases performance of your system.
Common Windows Setting
There are some common settings that every user should use. These are the inbuilt services provided by windows which will help to boost your game performance and fix issues like lag and stuttering.
Turn Game Bar On
- In Windows 10, Press Windows key and search Game Mode Settings and hit enter.
- Turn the Game Mode ON.
- There on the left side you will find Xbox game bar. Turn it off.
- In Windows 11, Go to settings and on the left side click on gaming.
- Turn off Xbox Game Bar and Turn on Game Mode.
Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
- In Windows 10, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Enable the option called Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- In Windows 11, Press Windows Key and Type Graphics Settings.
- Under Default Settings, click on change default graphics settings.
- Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- Below you will see a list of games you have on your system.
- Find New World and then click on options and set it to high performance.
- Note that it depends on your system whether it supports this feature or not.
Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- Press Windows Key and search cmd.
- Right Click on command prompt and run as administrator.
- Paste the given code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- Now go to the control panel then hardware and sound and then click on power options.
- There you will see ultimate performance option, select it.
Debloater is a great way to deal with the unwanted services and settings in windows that you do not use and are affecting your game performance in terms of lag, stuttering, internet issue, packet loss and more.
You can check our article on how to do it by clicking on this link. Each step has been explained in detail and after the debloating you will see a faster and lag free windows with better gaming performance.
Steam Launcher Settings
- Open Steam and on the top left side click on steam and then on settings.
- Find the library option.
- Enable Low Bandwidth Mode and Low Performance Mode.
- Click on OK.
- Now go to the library and find your game.
- Right click on it and then manage and then browse local files.
- Right-click on the .exe file, for example CSGO.exe, and click on properties.
- In the compatibility section, disable full-screen optimisation.
- Click on change high dpi settings and enable override high dpi scaling.
- Press apply and then ok.
Getting your graphic drivers up to date is an important aspect which helps in boosting FPS and reduce game stutter. In order to update the drivers for your graphic card, follow all the steps one by one.
- For Nvidia users, press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box.
- For AMD users, press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software in the search box.
- In both programs, go to the driver section.
- Select Check for Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- If a driver is available, you should download and install it.
When you update your graphic card, you may see improved performance in your game and reduce stutter that you have been facing.
Leave a comment