Overwatch 2 has a new ninja support hero in its lineup, who has sworn to defend her hometown from the Hashimoto clan. Hailing from Kanezaka, Japan, Kiriko Kamori is the caretaker of the Kanezaka shrine and a silent, yet deadly ninja healer.
Kiriko has learned her ways, the deadly art of ninjutsu, from her mother, Asa. Hashimoto took her father hostage after the Shimada Clan fell apart. Kiriko had to move in with her grandmother, who taught her the art of healing. Now, after a long time, Kiriko has returned, to liberate her community from the gruesome hands of Hashimoto.
In this article, we will discuss the Abilities, Playing Styles, and the guide for Unlocking Kiriko in Overwatch 2. For more such content regarding Character Guides and other Game Guides, visit our Guides Tab.
How to Unlock Kiriko
To unlock this character, one must level up the Battle Pass 55 times, or buy the Premium Battle Pass ($9.99) to instantly unlock this hero, with an additional permanent boost of 20% for all battle pass experience.
Kiriko’s Abilities and Ultimate
- Healing Ofuda – This ability heals your teammates through a burst of healing talismans, which can be pointed at an ally and used. There will be 5 sets of healing bursts, and you can auto-lock onto partners, so don’t worry about aiming this ability.
- Kunai – These are deadly thrown knives which deal a great amount of damage to your enemies. You have to aim this ability, and these deal 3 times the damage to the head.
- Swift Step – This ability lets Kiriko teleport directly at an ally. This ability can be used through walls and has a long cooldown. Make sure to save it for dangerous, or clutch situations. Also, don’t use this ability when your teammate is near an enemy.
- Protection Suzu – This ability makes Kiriko’s allies briefly invulnerable, and also fixes them of any negative effects they currently had on them. This ability also has a long cooldown.
- Kitsune Rush – This is the Ultimate of Kiriko. This ability summons a fox, which lays down a path in front of Kiriko. Kiriko and her teammates will have increased Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Faster Cooldowns if they tread along this path.
Kiriko’s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strengths – Kiriko can climb walls, just like Genji and Hanzo. She can heal her teammates from anywhere, give them a cleanse from the negative effects, and also reach them in need as she can teleport near them. She has excellent mobility and healing abilities.
- Weaknesses – She is dependent on her team, most of the time. She can only teleport near her teammates. She can fully utilize her ultimate only when her team also joins her path. She cannot heal herself from the Healing Ofuda ability.
How to Play Kiriko
The most value you can get out of Kiriko in a game is to heal and power up her teammates. She has the potential to frag and attack with a lot of damage using the Kunai, but her Abilities are best utilized for healing and protecting her allies. Make sure to stick close to your team, and keep a watch on their HP, as you have the role of a Healer like Kiriko.
This was a guide for Kiriko, in Overwatch 2. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated with topics related to gaming, tech, and more.