You might be disheartened to know that Genshin Impact is still not natively supported by the Steam Deck. But that does not restrict gamers from playing Genshin Impact on the device. It can be done with a few “hacks”.
The game requires Windows as an OS to run, however, the Steam Deck comes with SteamOS as its primary operating system. You must first replace the SteamOS system since you cannot dual boot Windows and SteamOS on the Steam Deck.
Follow these steps carefully to proceed with Windows installation:
- Download and copy Windows 10 on a USB Type-C flash drive. After that, connect the USB to your Deck.
- You can connect a USB Type-C flash drive directly to your device if you have one. If not, a USB to Type-C adapter is required in order to install Windows.
- To enter the boot menu, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Select your USB flash drive using the D-Pad on the Steam deck.
- Reboot the device and proceed to install Windows.
- We advise connecting a keyboard and mouse so you may use them to walk through the setup process and quickly install Windows on your Steam Deck.
- Go through the normal steps to install Windows on a new device.
- Your Steam Deck would be in portrait mode by default. Select Landscape under Display Orientation in the display system settings, after the installation is successful.
- Make sure to check and install any available updates to Windows.
- Open any browser and head to Genshin Impact’s official website.
- Download the game’s launcher by hitting the Windows button on the website.
- Install the game and enjoy with Deck controls.
That brings us to the end of our guide to Genshin Impact on Steam Deck. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on other guides related to games and technology.