Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are two roleplaying games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch on 18th November 2022. These are available both offline and online in the form of digital and cartridge copies.
In this game, players take up the roles of the prestigious pokemon academy’s students. Players choose one of the three starter pokemon, Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly, and traverse the vast open world of Paldea. They have to battle and try to catch all of the Pokemon to defeat all of the 8 gym trainers and win the game.
In this article, we will discuss how to play Pokemon Scarlet and Violet without any lags using an Emulator. For more content regarding game guides which include tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our Guides Tab. For content regarding error fixes, visit our Error Fixes Tab.
How To Play Pokemon Scarlet and Violet on Emulator Without Lags
You need to make sure to follow the below steps, in order to play Pokemon Scarlet and Violet without any Lags using an Emulator. These steps are usually used for PC games, but an emulator utilizes both CPU and GPU, so it isn’t much different from a PC game, henceforth the settings for PC games must also apply to Emulators.
Ultimate Error Fix List For Lag And FPS Drop
This Fix list must be fully completed in order to ensure the maximum FPS possible in this game. These instructions have worked successfully on multiple AAA titles and Indie games. Here is the list:
- Restart the game and try to run it via “Run as Administrator”
- Reduce your overclocking of the CPU and GPU
- Close all Background Applications before playing the game
- Try turning off your Antivirus
- Try Troubleshooting the Compatibility of the game
- Update your Windows and Nvidia/AMD/Intel Drivers
- Run System File Check by Running the command “sfc /scannow” in CMD via run as administrator
- Try disabling the Onboard Sound Device
- Try doing an Antivirus Scan for the entire computer
- Download a Disk Drive Scanner and search for Bad Sectors
- Try checking if the GPU and CPU are getting enough power
Check Minimum Requirements
Currently, the game works perfectly on the consoles. For PC, you must fulfill the minimum requirements of Yuzu and Ryujinx.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (YUZU)
- Yuzu currently requires an OpenGL 4.6 capable GPU and a CPU that has high single-core performance. It also requires a minimum of 8 GB of RAM
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (RYUJINX)
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1), or 64-bit Windows 10.
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz / AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz.
- Memory: 6 GB RAM.
- Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290.
- Storage: 15 GB available space.
Windows And GPU Settings
- Put your PC in Performance Mode
- Check for a Windows update
- Turn on Game Mode on Windows
- Set Yuzu/Ryunjinx to “High Priority” in Task Manager
- Stop all other applications through Task Manager
- Update your Nvidia/AMD drivers
- Set Nvidia “adjust image settings with preview” to Performance
Reduce Graphics Settings
If you are playing the game on High or Ultra, try to reduce the graphics settings in the game and restart. Turn off Anti-Aliasing and effects such as Motion Blur. Make sure that all graphic settings are set to LOW.
Switch To Dedicated Graphics Card
If you are using two graphics cards, or are gaming on a laptop, then try switching the default GPU to the dedicated Graphics Card.
- Open the NVIDIA control panel
- Navigate to 3D settings > Manage 3D settings
- Open the Program settings tab and select your game from the dropdown menu
- Select the Preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown menu
- Uninstall Antivirus or disable Windows Firewall
- Reinstall the Redist Files
- Install the All-in-One Visual C++ Libraries package
- Clear temp and prefetch files
These were the best Error Fixes for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in an Emulator like Yuzu and Ryujinx. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself updated on gaming, tech, and more topics.