Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet are role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company for the Nintendo Switch. These 3D-styled open-world games present you with a vibrant Pokémon world, where you can adventure, fight exhilarating battles, and become the champion of the Paldea region.
You can set out on your own Pokémon journey in this blissful 3D world with appealing visuals. Here’s how you can do it. You can play these games on your PC using an emulator. You’ll be introduced to two of the best free options available out there. We’ll be looking at two open-source Nintendo 3D emulators.
This tutorial will show you how to download and install the emulator if you already haven’t as well as how to add your games to the emulator.
1. You can click here to download the Ryujinx emulator or simply type https://ryujinx.org/download/ on your browser search panel.
2. After you have downloaded the emulator. Open Ryujinx, and click on Options > Settings. This takes you straight to the General tab.
You can click on the Add button and then browse to the location of the folder where your game file is stored.
Yuzu is also a free emulator but is still under development. However, that won’t stop you from enjoying your games (Unless they’re not supported by the emulator).
You can download the Yuzu emulator from their official website. Although the official game compatibility doesn’t list Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, some users claim that the game works perfectly on the emulator.
The official website of Yuzu has a guide (yuzu) regarding possible installation problems or errors. You can visit their FAQ page if you run into some technical problems.
But before downloading the emulator, make sure your pc meets the requirements for the software to properly work on your device (Check below).
To get your games running follow these simple steps –
- Open Yuzu emulator.
- Click on on the yuzu browser interface and navigate to the folder where your game files (.XCI or .NSP) are stored.
- Select your game and you can start playing.
The requirements for the emulator are –
Any 64-bit CPU with support for the FMA instruction set. 6 threads or more are recommended.
- Minimum: Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Recommended: Intel Core i5-10400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
OpenGL 4.6 or Vulkan 1.1 compatible hardware and drivers are mandatory. Half-float support and 4GB of VRAM are recommended.
- Minimum for Linux: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB
- Minimum for Windows: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB / AMD Radeon RX 550 2GB
- Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB
Although a dedicated GPU will always produce better results, you can still play with integrated graphics.
- Minimum for Linux: Intel HD 5300 / AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
- Minimum for Windows: Intel HD Graphics 520 / AMD Radeon Vega 3
- Recommended: Intel UHD Graphics 750 / AMD Radeon Vega 7
Since an integrated GPU uses system RAM as its video memory (VRAM), you’ll need higher RAM if you are using integrated graphics.
- Minimum with dedicated graphics: 8GB
- Minimum with integrated graphics: 12GB
- Recommended: 16GB
You can Get the game on the official site – Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
That’s it, now you can start your Pokemon journey!!
Although you may face some problems but everything comes at a cost. These wonderful 3Ds emulators are free to use or engineer since they are open-source projects. There is a whole lot of documentation available on their official sites. If you run into any problems check them out.