The monkey island is back, feels nostalgic, isn’t it? Return to Monkey Island is a point-and-click adventure game filled with puzzles. Return to Monkey Island is the sixth addition to the series. Return to Monkey Island has been a surprise to everyone, a thrilling return of series creator Ron Gilbert. The story picks off from where it was left, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games. Return to Monkey Island has been developed by Ron Gilbert and Terrible Toybox, the same is published by Devolver Digital, who are known to produce mostly indie titles, they have also published games like Fall Guys, my friend Pedro, Serious Sam series, etc. Return to Monkey Island is available on Nintendo Switch, macOS, and Microsoft Windows(PC). Return to Monkey Island can be purchased from Steam for both Mac OS and Windows PC.
Being a new launch, just as it happens with every other game, Return to Monkey Island is also bound to have several errors, glitches, performance issues, crashes, etc. But you don’t have to worry, we’re here for you, we’ll tell you exactly how to eliminate each and every problem you might be facing with Return to Monkey Island.
but just before we begin, to prevent these kinds of problems, we strongly recommend you keep your system up to date. This means having the latest available drivers for your graphic card. Manufacturers optimize your specific GPU for the latest games and push out the drivers regularly, that’s why they’re so important.
To prevent these kinds of problems, we strongly recommend you keep your system up to date. This means having the latest available drivers for your graphic card. Manufacturers optimize your specific GPU for the latest games and push out the drivers regularly, that’s why they’re so important. Here are the official links from where you can download the latest drivers, Nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx, AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support, Intel https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/download-center/home.html. Also, have the latest available DirectX version for your system, you can find them here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35. It is also recommended to have the latest version of windows installed to avoid such problems.
It is important to have at least the minimum hardware and software requirements asked by the game, otherwise, you will most certainly face a few issues. Here are the requirements for Return to Monkey Island:
Minimum system requirements:
CPU: AMD FX-4300 (4 * 3800) or equivalent / Intel Core i3-3240 (2 * 3400) or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB RAM
GPU: Radeon HD 7750 (1024 VRAM) or equivalent / GeForce GT 640 (2048 VRAM) or equivalent
OS: Windows 10, 64-bit
STORAGE: 4 GB available space
Fix 1 Return to Monkey Island not starting:
This often happens when the game is not installed properly. To fix this issue:
- Try Closing and Re-opening the game. You can also try restarting your PC.
- Make sure the download has been finished completely before trying to start the game.
- Verify whether the game has been installed perfectly. Sometimes missing game files can cause the game not to open. To verify this, Repair the game from the launcher you’ve bought the game from(like Steam, Epic, etc).
- Check whether there’s enough space on the drive or disk on which you’re trying to install the game.
- If none of the above fixes worked for you, try re-installing the game completely as a last resort.
Fix 2 Return to Monkey Island low FPS, stutter, frame drops & more:
Solving performance issues can be quite lengthy, So I’ll just quickly mention some easy ways to make the game run better.
- Install the latest drivers available for your specific graphics card. I have given the links above.
- End tasks and unnecessary programs running in the background. You can do so from the Windows Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
- Lower the anti-aliasing in-game. If it doesn’t help much and you are desperate to play the game, turn it off completely, it might look choppy, but you can at least play the game. Also lower the other settings which might not bother you much by doing so, like shadows, crowd quality, lighting, etc.
- You try using an up-scaling technology like Nvidia DLSS or AMD FSR if the game supports it as well as your GPU.
Fix 3 Return to Monkey Island crashing to desktop:
This issue might occur when your PC doesn’t have enough resources to run the game. Make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements asked by the game. You can also try reducing the visual fidelity of the game, like decreasing the resolution, lowering the anti-aliasing factor, lowering shadow detail, etc. Also check if the game needs an update, if there’s any pending update, do it and try playing the game then.
Fix 4 Can’t install Return to Monkey Island:
This error might happen when there’s not enough space left to install the rest of the game files in the drive you are trying to install. Either make more room or install the game on a different drive or disk. It is also recommended to have at least 2GB of free space left on the drive (in most cases it’s the C drive) because that’s where the game creates temporary files that are required to install or run the game. Might also occur due to a bad internet connection. Verify this possibility and troubleshoot the issue.
Fix 5 Return to Monkey Island black screen issue:
A black screen issue can occur when your GPU can’t handle the game. Sometimes might also happen due to the CPU not being able to handle the game. So it is important to meet the minimum requirements of the game. It might also be a simple glitch, try restarting the game. There is a chance that this issue might be happening due to overheating of GPU/CPU or any other components. Verify this possibility and keep the temperatures in check.
Fix 6 Return to Monkey Island controls not working:
If in-game controls are not working or not working as they are supposed to, you can try re-assigning the keys to your preference. If all the control mapping is already somehow messed up, you can try setting them back to default.
Try using a different input device, if you are using a keyboard and mouse try connecting a controller and vice versa. Sometimes connecting simultaneous input devices can also cause this issue, so try disconnecting all the other input devices and only connect the specific controller you need to play the game.
Also, some games support only a few specific controllers like native Xbox controllers, DualShock 4, DualShock 5, Steam Controller, etc. So only use the controllers supported by the game.
Fix 7 Return to Monkey Island save files corrupt/not working:
The fix for this issue is the same as the above one, the one that is right above this one. The save files usually are kept in the documents folder of your PC, which is located in the C drive. Make sure you have enough space left there.
Fix 8 Return to Monkey Island audio issues:
If you are facing audio lag, no sound, audio distortion, etc issues here are some steps you can try to fix it:
- Check whether Game Audio is turned off by default. You can check it by heading into the game’s settings menu. Turn it on and set the volume as you please if it is turned off.
- Try running the game as an administrator. You can do it by right-clicking the game icon and selecting “run as administrator”.
- Try connecting a different audio output source. Like, try using earphones, different speakers, or Bluetooth audio devices.
- If you’re using an external sound card, you can try updating them to the latest available driver version.
These are some possible fixes for the frequent errors, glitches, bugs, and performance issues you might find in Return to Monkey Island. I hope we have helped you fix the issues you were facing. If we weren’t able to help you fix the issues, we suggest you please join Return to Monkey Island’s official discord server, you can then share your troubles there, you might help there. Here’s the direct link https://discord.com/invite/TerribleToybox.
If you have any other issues regarding any other game, PC software related, or any issues at all, please feel free to let us know via our Facebook or Twitter pages. If you have any other feedback, you also reach us at the above-mentioned platforms. We would love to interact with our readers! Happy Gaming!