You wake up in the morning unlock your phone, open Snapchat, you are logged out of your account, you are like “no big deal” and enter your credentials only to face this error saying “Oops! We could not find matching credentials”. And now you are worried about losing your Snapstreak for this damn error. See I’m not a regular addicted user of Snapchat, I have it installed out of peer pressure, but I find it useless and distracting, But don’t worry I’ll still help you out here, it’s my job to do so.
Snapchat is an American instant multi-media messaging app. You can text, share photos and videos, and make an audio call or video call to your friends via Snapchat. Snapchat is famous for its disappearing messages. Once seen by the recipient the messages usually disappear unless set not to manually. It also has this feature where you share posts that last only 24 hours, they’re called stories. It was founded by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown way back in September 2010. Snapchat is available on the App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android.
Before we begin with the solutions, We’d like to point out why this issue might be occurring in the first place, so that you can avoid such issues in the future.
- Obviously when the user enters either the wrong password or email ID.
- Snapchat notices any suspicious logins or activity and then blocks the account temporarily.
- This issue might also occur when you are using an outdated version of the application.
- This can also happen when Snapchat has a corrupted cache or any other essential files corrupted.
Okay. now let us try to fix the issue. Perform the below-mentioned solutions one after the other until your issue is resolved.
Fix 1 troubleshoot network issues:
This issue can occur when you have a problem with your internet connection. I’ll mention some steps so that you can quickly troubleshoot and fix the issue.
- Verify whether the network you are connected to is active or not.
- Simply turn off your WiFi/mobile are turned it back on. This refreshes and establishes a new connection.
- Even though you are connected to an active internet connection, you might be having a slow connection, which isn’t optimal as well, you will require a fast and stable connection.
- Make sure you are having strong wireless signals, meaning if you are using WiFi, move closer to the router, if you are using mobile data, try from a position where network reception is strong.
- Try power cycling your router as well. Meaning turning it off manually and removing it from the wall, then turning it back after a few moments.
- You can also try disconnecting all other devices connected to the router.
- Try connecting to a different network altogether.
- Also, check whether Snapchat servers are down. You can do so by visiting this webpage https://downdetector.in/status/snapchat/
Fix 2 Turn off VPNs/Proxy Networks:
Virtual private networks or proxy servers mimics your location to another location. This is very helpful and protects users’ privacy. But sadly some services like Snapchat easily detect if you are using a VPN or a proxy server and don’t let you connect to their servers. So try avoiding VPN/proxy servers. But if you don’t want to give up your privacy, try using a different VPN service, it might work. I recommend Proton VPN, it works well for me.
Fix 3 Reset Password:
You might have actually forgotten your password, or maybe not, Sometimes their own server data might be corrupted or gone. So what you can do is set a new password. Setting one is fairly simple. Once you have entered your e-mail ID, and click on forgot password, you can choose how you want to receive your password reset link or OTP, mostly it’ll be via e-mail or your mobile number, which is registered with the e-mail ID of your Snapchat account. Then you can simply follow on-screen instructions to set a new password. Once that is done, you can try logging in with your newly set password. This should fix the issue for most users.
Fix 4 Update the app:
Make sure you have the latest installed version of the application. Most of the bugs, errors, and glitches will be fixed in every latest update of the app, so it is always important to stay up to date with the latest version. If you think you are on an older version of the app, you can update it from Google Playstore if you are using Android and you can do the same from Apple App Store if you are using iOS. Do not use any third-party stores or websites to update your app.
Fix 5 Clear app cache:
In some cases, the Snapchat application’s temporary data, and the cache can be corrupted. It has essential data regarding your account. So what you can do is clear the entire cache. To do so you must get into the app info of the specific app. One simple way is to open the app > exit to home screen > open recent apps page > long press on Snapchat > select app info > In storage, delete erase cache. Once done try logging into your account.
Fix 6 Try from a device:
Sometimes the problem might be with your device itself or can also be with your account, you wouldn’t know until you find it out surely. For that, you can try logging in from a different device, if it does login, the problem is with your device, if it doesn’t it’s probably the error from Snapchat’s side. Usually the login bugs can be device specific and can only be on few decies.
Fix 7 Uninstall and install the application:
You can uninstalling the app, what this does is to wipe all the data the app. Once it is uninstalled you can install it back.you can install it from Google Playstore if you are using Android and you can do the same from Apple App Store if you are using iOS. Do not use any third-party stores or websites to install the application.
These are 7 simple ways to fix the snapchat error “Oops! We could not find matching credentials”. I hope we’ve been of help to you, if not we are sorry. I suggest you visit Snapchat’s customer supportand explain your issue there. Here’s the link https://support.snapchat.com/i-need-help. You can also follow their twitter support page, here’s the link https://twitter.com/snapchatsupport.
If you have any other issues regarding any other game, PC software related, or any issues at all, please feel free to let us know via our Facebook or Twitter pages. If you have any other feedback, you also reach us at the above-mentioned platforms. We would love to interact with our readers!