Table of Contents Hide
Recently many players playing Back 4 Blood have told that they are facing issues with their not able to launch or the game crashing on startup and on loading screens. These issues make the game unplayable.
In this guide we will talk about top 10 ways you can easily fix back 4 blood crash issue, not launching, not loading and more of these issues easily. Some steps are basic and some steps like EAC are important ones.
Epic Games EAC Steam Fix
Cyndershade, a Reddit member, discovered a workaround for the Steam version crash, which has benefited a lot of individuals in similar situations. The Epic Games app appears to have fixed the anti-cheat flaw that was present during the initialization of Back 4 Blood.
- From the official Epic Games website, download and install the programme.
- Check to see if it has been updated to the most recent version.
- Open the Steam application.
- While the Epic Games app is open in the background, start Back 4 Blood.
Sharpening Causing Crash Fix
- Press Window’s key and search %appdata% and hit enter.
- Check the folder location shows on the left side of the search bar. It should be something like C:\Users\(your pc name)\AppData\Roaming. Click on Appdata.
- Navigate to Local\Back4Blood\Steam\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\” folder.
- Right-click on the “GameUserSettings.ini” file
- Open the file with Notepad
- Press F3 to search for “bCASSharpening=True” line in the text
- Change it to “bCASSharpening=False“
- Save and exit.
In game settings Error Fix
- Go to the “Options” menu in the game.
- Choose “Graphics” from the drop-down menu.
- “Post Processing Quality” should be set to “Low.”
- “Graphics API” should be set to “DirectX 11” or “DirectX 12”. With reference to what was set earlier before crash.”
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Press Enter after typing Windows Security.
- On the left action bar, select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click Manage settings after scrolling down to Virus & Threat Protection options.
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender Antivirus, click the toggle button under Real-time protection.
- If prompted, select Yes to confirm the change.
Repair Easy Anti Cheat Service (EAC)
- Now open steam and in the library find Back 4 Blood.
- “Right click” on Back4Blood and click on “Manage” and then on “Browse Local Files”.
- Open the folder EasyAntiCheat.
- Right click on EasyAntiCheat_setup.exe and run as administrator.
- Select the game in the bar.
- Click on repair and then click finish.
- Now head over to your C drive and open program files x86 folder.
- There you will find EasyAntiCheat and do the same as above.
Verify Game files
- Open Steam
- Now go to the library and find Back 4 Blood.
- Right click on it and then properties and then local files.
- Their Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for some time till all files have been verified.
Uninstall / Disable Third-party apps And Overlays
Sometimes third-party apps prevent games from running, resulting in crashing when you open the game. So, uninstalling or disabling these apps will help in the crash fix of the game that you have been facing.
Disable or uninstall apps like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro or more apps like that which run above the game. In order to uninstall them, go to control panel and then uninstall them. For disabling them go to task manager, find the task then right click and end task.
Disable Nvidia GeForce experience overlay by pressing Windows key and then searching GeForce. Go to settings. In general section you will find in game overlay. Disable it by pressing on the green drag icon. If it is already white or grey, then leave it.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Open Steam and on the top left side click on steam and then on settings.
- Find the library option.
- Enable Low Bandwidth Mode and Low Performance Mode.
- Click on OK.
- Now go to the library and find Back 4 Blood.
- Right click on it and then manage and then browse local files.
- Right-click on the Back4Blood.exe and click on properties.
- In the compatibility section, disable full-screen optimization.
- Click on change high dpi settings and enable override high dpi scaling.
- Press apply and then OK.
This step is crucial when it comes to the performance of your windows. When you update your windows to the latest one, there will be various bug fixes, and you will see improved windows performance.
In order to update your windows, follow these steps one by one:
- Press the Windows key and search for settings.
- In case of Windows 10 you will find Windows update option in Update and Security section.
- In Windows 11 when you open settings, Windows Update option is there.
- Simply click on check for updates and download the updates.
- Once the updates are downloaded, install the updates.
- Once again, click on check for updates and if it shows your windows is up-to-date, then you have successfully updated your windows.
Getting your graphic drivers up to date is an important aspect which helps in boosting FPS and reduce game stutter. In order to update the drivers for your graphic card, follow all the steps one by one.
- For Nvidia users, press the Windows key and type GeForce Experience into the search box.
- For AMD users, press the Windows key and type AMD Radeon Software in the search box.
- In both programs, go to the driver section.
- Select Check for Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- If a driver is available, you should download and install it.
When you update your graphic card, you may see improved performance in your game and reduce stutter that you have been facing.