Table of Contents Hide
Tower of Fantasy is a cross-platform massively multiplayer online role-playing game with anime inspiration (MMORPG). It offers a large open world, Anime aesthetics with a sci-fi theme, the ability to interact with your surroundings, a live PvP system, and much more.
Numerous gamers who are currently playing Tower of Fantasy have expressed their frustration that the game frequently crashes or fails to launch during the startup and loading screens. These flaws makes the game unplayable.
In this article, we’ll go through some of the best fixes for Tower of Fantasy game crashes, not starting, not loading, and other issues. Keep a close eye to performing each step, then decide which one suits you the best.
Verify the Game files
If the game files are corrupted or not loaded correctly, the issue may arise. Therefore, make sure to visit Steam, choose the game’s properties, and check the game’s files there; if any are missing, it will recheck all of the files and download them.
To do this, launch Steam, navigate to the Library, pick Elden Ring, and then right-click and select Properties. Click Verify Integrity of game files under Local Files on the left.
- Visit Steam at the library.
- Right-click Tower of Fantasy and choose Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab.
- Click Verify Integrity of game files
Disable your antivirus software
Antivirus programmes like Avast, Kaspersky, and Macafee can use a lot of resources while running in the background. For greater effectiveness, it is suggested that you disable or get rid of them. Since Windows Defender is more effective than most others, you might want to choose it as your default antivirus.
- Go to Windows’ Start menu.
- After entering Windows Security, hit Enter.
- Select Virus & Threat Protection in the left action bar.
- Scroll down to the Virus & Threat Protection options and click Manage settings.
- Turn off Real-time protection by clicking the toggle button next to Windows Defender Antivirus.
- If prompted, choose Yes to accept the modification.
Disabling Third-party programmes and overlays
Sometimes third-party programmes might stop games from functioning correctly, causing the game to crash when you try to play it. To deal with the game crash problem you’ve been experiencing, these programmes can be deactivated or deleted.
Applications like MSI afterburner, runtactics pro, and others that run above the game should be turned off or removed. Go to the control panel and select uninstall from the drop-down menu to remove them. To disable a process, open Task Manager, locate it, and choose End Task from the context menu.
Using the Windows key search for “GeForce” you may turn off the Nvidia GeForce experience overlay. Change the settings as needed. You may view under-game overlay in the general area. Press the green drag icon to turn it off.
In Task Manager, set the game priority to high
Raising the priority of the Tower of Fantasy main exe file to High will notify Windows to give the game higher priority and consume more RAM and CPU if the game frequently crashes.
As a result, the game won’t crash and will run smoothly. Observe the steps to give the game high priority.
- Type Task Manager into the Start menu.
- In the Processes tab, locate the Tower of Fantasy gaming task.
- Choose High from the context menu after choosing Set Priority.
- Now the game won’t crash while you play.
Full-Screen Optimizations and DPI Override
- Locate the game installation directory and search for the.exe file there.
- The Properties option will appear when you right-click the.exe file.
- Set the setting to “Disable full-screen optimization,” as seen in the image above.
- After choosing “Change the high-dpi settings,” choose “override high-dpi scaling.”
- Click Apply to bring the process to a close.
Update Windows & Drivers
When it comes to the operation of your windows, this step is essential. Numerous bug fixes and improved performance are included when you upgrade Windows to the most recent version.
Follow the steps listed below one at a time to update your windows:
- Try hitting the Windows key to find the settings.
- Windows 10’s Update and Security area is where you may access Windows Update.
- A Windows Update option can be found in Settings in Windows 11.
- To get the required updates, just click Check for Upgrades.
- Install the updates after you’ve got them.
- If you click Check for Updates again and it says your windows are current, you’ve updated them successfully.