Table of Contents Hide
The update KB5008353 was released on 25th January 2022 for the retail ring. Your Windows 11 build will get uploaded to 22000.469.
KB5008353 is a nice update for Windows 11. Slow and lagging performance has been taken into consideration in this optional update.
You can download the KB5008353 using the Windows Update program on your Windows 11 PC. Go to the Windows Updates, then Advanced Updates, and View Optional Updates.
You will see the optional update KB5008353 for the retail group. Click on ‘Download and Install’ to install the KB5008353 optional update on Windows 11.
Fix Update KB5008353 Not Installing on Windows 11
When you click on download or install, and it doesn’t get installed, or if you receive some error, you need to follow these steps.
Step 1 Run Update Troubleshooter
- Open the Start Menu and then Settings. Open Troubleshoot and then go to other Troubleshooters.
- Click on Troubleshoot Window Update. Press run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the program to detect your windows update issues. Close the Troubleshoot and restart. Then try to update your Windows once again.
Step 2) Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Open this link in Web Browser, and you will come to a Microsoft website. There you will see windows 11 Installation Assistant. Click on Download Now. Then run the exe file. Click yes to allow. This will load Windows 11 Assistant. Select Accept and Install.
If this screen doesn’t appear, open the file you just downloaded from ‘show in folder.’ Then select properties, go to the compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode, and choose Windows 7 from the list. Click on Apply and Okay. Now open the Assistant, it will get loaded, and then select Accept and Install.
Step 3) Reset Windows Update Components
- SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop msiserver
- net stop cryptsvc
- net stop appidsvc
- Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
- regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh winsock reset proxy
- rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
- dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
- dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
- dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
- dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup Sfc /ScanNow
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start msiserver
- net start cryptsvc
- net start appidsvc
Copy down all these commands and paste them on the notepad. Save this file as Wufix.bat on Desktop or a known location.
Right-click the Wufix file from the desktop and click Run as administrator. A command Prompt window will appear. All the windows update services will stop, and it will run some scans, which will take some time. It will restart all the windows update services.
Restart your PC and now, once again, try to update the windows11.
Step 4) Use Media Creation Tool
The last and the final step, if nothing else works, try this.
Open this link in Web Browser, and an MS window will appear. Download the media creation tool and then run this exe file. Click Accept and then next. Select ISO file here and next. Please save it to the desktop or easily accessible location. Go to the desktop and right-click the ISO file.
Further, select the Setup file and click yes. Windows 11 will get loaded. An installation window will appear to click on next to continue. It will then check for updates which will take some time. A screen ‘Ready to Install’ will appear. Click on install. And now, you will be able to install the update. So that’s all. Update KB5008353 will be installed on Windows 11.