Now that Pokémon Legends: Arceus is out, you can play this new open-world RPG game set in the universe of Pokémon. This game has an overhauled system of catching Pokémon with newer tools which give you a huge advantage.
For veteran Pokemon fans returning to enjoy this new game, all this might be a tad overwhelming. Sneaking up to unaware Pokémon is the easiest one to catch them, as this avoids triggering a battle altogether. So if you’re confused as to how you can distract wild Pokémon in Arceus, this guide is for you.
Some basic preparations to distract wild Pokémon
- To be able to distract wild Pokémon in Arceus, you will need berries.
- You need to buy them from a shop in or by completing requests.
- You can throw them out for wild Pokémon to eat and not pay attention to you as you sneak upon them.
Catching the distracted wild Pokémon
- If you throw a berry in the vicinity of a wild Pokémon, it will move to the spot.
- During this time, all that Pokémon is vulnerable as all they care about is finishing that meal, so take this chance to avoid them or get closer to it and throw a Pokeball at them to catch them.
- This should be fairly easy since there is no battling involved.
With different Pokémon having various behaviors, the same berry strategy will not work for every monster. You will need to do a little bit of trial and error to see which Pokémon prefers which food.
This is all there is that you need to do to sneak up to wild Pokemon and catch them. However, it is important to note that different Pokemon behave differently, so using Berries might not work for all of them. If you find a rare one, that does not show interest in berries, you’ll have to find out how you can distract this specific one, with a bit of trial and error.