In this guide, we will help users fix the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error in Windows 11 or 10 that they have been facing while running some particular software, application, or tool easily by following the steps mentioned.
Windows 11 was launched the previous year with the hope to provide improvements to its previous generations but still, the issues are never gone and carried forward from Windows 11 to 10.
Why does this error occurs?
- When some particular dll files are missing like ntdll.dll, odbc32.dll this may lead to the above error.
- The programs that run or require java may prompt these errors.
- Multiplayer games like Minecraft, Overwatch, World of Warcraft also cause this problem.
How to fix this error?
Follow the below steps to fix this issue on your Windows 10 or 11.
Turning on DEP:
- On your desktop home screen find THIS PC icon and then right click and choose properties.
- On the right side you will find Advance system protection. Click on it to open it.
- A new window will appear in front of you.
- Under Advance tab you will find performance and then on the right side there will be settings, click on it.
- There click on “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.
- Now ADD the program that is causing the issue and click apply.
Now restart your windows to see if your issue is fixed or not. Make sure you also perform the below-mentioned steps so that these may also help in solving the above issue that you have been facing.
- Sometimes third party software that contains viruses may cause this error. So check for viruses with any antivirus software or you can use default windows defender.
- Troubleshooting is a great way to fix unknown errors as windows will automatically identify the error for you and also provide solutions that you can use to fix this error.
- Reinstall the application that is causing the issue as there might be some corrupt file preventing the app to launch.